CY5677 CySmart 1.3 API (C#): WriteCharacteristicWithoutResponse error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoCr_1612056
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First question asked First reply posted

I'm using the cypress BLE dongle (CY5677 - the red PCB; running latest firmware from CySmart 1.3) to communicate with a BLE peripheral. I'm using the C# CySmart API.

When using the ICyGattClient.WriteCharacteristicWithoutResponse interface, I sometimes get a result back 'BLE_ERROR_INVALID_OPERATION' in the 'OnCharacteristicWrite' callback. What does this mean? I cannot find it in the documentation.

Note that this error is not returned when calling the function (as a return value), but in the callback of the function.

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The error BLE_ERROR_INVALID_OPERATION just indicates that the operation can't take place. Can you please check if you are passing the right parameters for CyGattWriteInfo required by the WriteCharacterstic function?

Please attach the code so that we can get more insight into what might be causing this.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

I'm sure I have the correct parameters, because I have placed the function in a loop (I check the callback and once it reports INVALID_OPERATION I execute it again) and repeat it with exactly the same content.

(attaching the current code will not be possible because it contains a lot of busisness logic. I really required, I can try to create a small test application)

0 Likes

Yes, please provide the test application so that we can reproduce this issue on our end and debug it. Looking forward to the project.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes