FM25V20A FRAM Test in Production Environment

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DeXu_4721916
Level 1
Level 1

I got a question when I try to put a production test plan for FM25V20A FRAM. Our primary use for FRAM is to write in log files and pull to an external device. We are utilizing every cell in FRAM. If I want to test write and read to random memory address on each page of memory, the firmware implementation will be intensive. We have turn off the fire system (in other word, shut off the normal operating system) to do this. So I am seeking advice on how to test FRAM in production environment. Does it have a built-in error correction/check if something is wrong while writing to a memory address? Or, does it have certain failure mode that is necessary to check out before assembly?

0 Likes
1 Solution
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

The FRAM does not have any built-in error correction/check neither any failure mode. To check the device you can write a known data pattern to the device then apply a power cycle and check if your data is intact or not. If the data read out is same then you can pass the memory. You may write to a section of the memory or to entire memory whichever is feasible for you. I am also attaching one app note which has some code examples to write and read to FRAM.

https://www.cypress.com/file/46161/download

Thanks,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

The FRAM does not have any built-in error correction/check neither any failure mode. To check the device you can write a known data pattern to the device then apply a power cycle and check if your data is intact or not. If the data read out is same then you can pass the memory. You may write to a section of the memory or to entire memory whichever is feasible for you. I am also attaching one app note which has some code examples to write and read to FRAM.

https://www.cypress.com/file/46161/download

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes