PSoC requires 5v instead of 3.3v and model wrong in "Programming device 'PSoC 4200 BLE CY8C4247LQ*-BL483'" and only programs with 5v.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaSt_1539621
Level 2
Level 2
5 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

CY8C4247LQ* should be CY8C4247LQI. The real problem is that it requires 5v to program and run and I think maybe it's because it's not properly recognizing the device.

The device name is wrong and I think it might be causing other anomalous problems, such as only programming and running with 5v, instead of the 3.3v required by the chip.

I tried updating the firmware of the MiniProg4 that I'm using to connect, but have not solved the problem.

MiniProg4. CMSIS-DAP Version 2.0.0. Firmware Version 1.01.158. Hardware Id 05.

If I try to program using PSoC Programmer at 3.3v I get:

Program Finished at 9:38:56 AM                                                      |

| FAILED! EraseAll operation failed!

Device set to CY8C4247LQI-BL483 at 9:38:56 AM                                      | 131072  FLASH bytes

Device Family set to CY8C4xxx-BLE at 9:38:56 AM                                    |

| Automatically Detected Device: CY8C4247LQI-BL483

| Silicon: 0E34, Family: 9E, Major/Minor Rev: AI

The device name looks correct there, but when I try to program with PSoC Creator I get:
pastedImage_6.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Are you using custom PSoC board? If yes, please attach the pdf of of the schematic.

We assume that there is some issue over schematic because the PSoC should be programmed with both 3.3 volts as well as 5volts.

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Are you using custom PSoC board? If yes, please attach the pdf of of the schematic.

We assume that there is some issue over schematic because the PSoC should be programmed with both 3.3 volts as well as 5volts.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hi,

Please do the following steps:

1. Compare your schematic file with CY8cKIT-143A eval's schematic.You can get it from the link below:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-143a-psoc-4-ble-256kb-module-bl...

2. Please go through PSoC programming troubleshooting guide from the link below:

Troubleshooting PSoC® 3/4/5LP Programming/Debugging Issues - KBA210619

Hope this information helps !

Thanks

Ganesh