Modify HID information from PC?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HuYa_4249091
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi all,

Usually, we set the HID information in FX3 FW.

Is it possible to change the HID information after the FX3 has been connected to PC?

ex: Modify the product name to "Logan" by PC.

ModifyHID.jpg

Thanks a lot!

Hughes

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

It is not possible to change the Product string from the host side. As you might be knowing, Product string is actually a string descriptor descriptor that is reported by the device to the host. For changing this, you need to make changes in the firmware itself.

Please let me know if you have any more queries on this.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Can you please elaborate your requirement so that we can understand it better?

Is it like you need to change the Product string from the control center and by not doing any changes in firmware?

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Dear Jayakrishna:

Sorry, I don't explain exactly.

"Is it like you need to change the Product string from the control center and by not doing any changes in firmware?"

Not exactly, I want to change the Product string by using CyAPI.h(or Windows API?).

Is it possible or not?

Thank you!

Hughes

0 Likes

Hello,

It is not possible to change the Product string from the host side. As you might be knowing, Product string is actually a string descriptor descriptor that is reported by the device to the host. For changing this, you need to make changes in the firmware itself.

Please let me know if you have any more queries on this.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna