How to erase the app or whole flash?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I can download the app using chiploader repeatly,  It is obviously that when redownload the app,the IDE will build and erase then download the new app,but I don't know how to just erase the app,is there any ways to do so,such as use chiploader or the IDE?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi bitter,

I sent a mail to you and left my phone, please call me.

Your description isn't clear, need sync some info to you.

Zhaohua

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

I don't think this is possible.  Please explain what you are hoping to accomplish by erasing the app only.

Note that the programming process overwrites the app that is stored in EEPROM.  Items like the BD_ADDR can be preserved (talked about elsewhere on the forum), but selecting the app only to erase would leave the device in a state which everytime it reboots it would go into recovery mode (i.e. does not detect a valid image).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks,it seems impossible to just erase the app,Besides,can we erase the whole flash using the official tool?

we met problem when using the TMC, we connect the TTL to HCI UART which used for sending test command,however,the sequence of which power on influence the test result.when we use the empty device which never download the app and just run in TMC,if we first power on the HCI UART connected to TTL,the device can only act reset command and didn't have response to receiver or transmitter test ,while if we power on the device first then connect the TTL,the device can complete the all test.Strangely,if the device has download the app,there's no effect on the sequence of power on.

1212470128@st.usst.edu.cn

发件人: mwf_mmfae

发送时间: 2016-03-01 23:47

收件人: yb Ge

主题: Re: - How to erase the app or whole flash?

reply from mwf_mmfae in Bluetooth Forums - View the full discussion

I don't think this is possible. Please explain what you are hoping to accomplish by erasing the app only.

Note that the programming process overwrites the app that is stored in EEPROM. Items like the BD_ADDR can be preserved (talked about elsewhere on the forum), but selecting the app only to erase would leave the device in a state which everytime it reboots it would go into recovery mode (i.e. does not detect a valid image).

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Broadcom Community

Start a new discussion in Bluetooth Forums by email or at Broadcom Community

Following How to erase the app or whole flash? in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Broadcom Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Broadcom Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

0 Likes

Hi bitter,

Zhaohua

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks,we are now busy solving another problem,I'll call you when needed.

发件人: zhaohua

发送时间: 2016-03-05 11:31

reply from zhaohua in Bluetooth Forums - View the full discussion

Hi bitter,

Zhaohua

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Broadcom Community

You may unsubscribe instantly from Broadcom Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

0 Likes

Hi bitter,

As we called, you complain mbt doesn't work when the 20736 SFlash is empty, I also received the same issue from another case, so please download APP image to 20736 SFlash then run mbt.

Ocean

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it.thanks for you help.

发件人: zhaohua

发送时间: 2016-03-09 17:04

reply from zhaohua in Bluetooth Forums - View the full discussion

Hi bitter,

As we called, you complain mbt doesn't work when the 20736 SFlash is empty, I also received the same issue from another case, so please download APP image to 20736 SFlash then run mbt.

Ocean

0 Likes