EEPROM/EmEEPROM is not supported by the CYBLE-0220001-00?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NeDh_4602711
Level 5
Level 5
5 solutions authored First solution authored 50 replies posted

Hello,

I am using the PSoC4.3 Device: CYBLE-0220001-00 module and I want to store value in EEPROM but. I am getting an error message that EEPROM/EmEEPROM is not supported by the selected device. If it is not supported then what is the alternate option to do the same?

Thanks and regards,

Neeraj

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi Neeraj,

Yes you are correct the module does not support EEPROM/EmEEPROM.

You can try doing the following steps and check if this works for you.

1.You can open a empty schematic with the module CYBLE-014008-00 which has the EEPROM component , drag and drop the component set the required size and build the project.

2.You will get the EEPROM component files .c and .h files

3.You can copy those files and paste it in the original project with the actual module you are using.

4.You can add the below code snippet in the main.c file of your project.

5.Build and program the device and test it at your end and let us know if this works for you.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi Neeraj,

Yes you are correct the module does not support EEPROM/EmEEPROM.

You can try doing the following steps and check if this works for you.

1.You can open a empty schematic with the module CYBLE-014008-00 which has the EEPROM component , drag and drop the component set the required size and build the project.

2.You will get the EEPROM component files .c and .h files

3.You can copy those files and paste it in the original project with the actual module you are using.

4.You can add the below code snippet in the main.c file of your project.

5.Build and program the device and test it at your end and let us know if this works for you.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda

Hi Alakananda,

Thanks for your reply.

I will check this and will let you know

Regards,

Neeraj

0 Likes

Hi Alakananda,

I was under the impression, that this is not possible without external circuit as many of my friends' circle who were using CYBLE-0220001-00 module has informed me. It is not possible and you must use I2C based EEPROM. There is no other way.

But the suggestion given by you works for me. I am very happy and shocked as well. How it is possible? there is no mentioned anything about EEPROM in the datasheet of CYBLE-0220001-00.

I am implementing this in production code with fingers crossed & hope there will be not any problem related to this in the future.

Thank you Alakananda once again. I really appreciated your help.

Regards,

Neeraj

0 Likes