Medtronic cy7c67300

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ahsh_4684291
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

as you may know, Medtronic has publicly shared the design specifications of its PB560 ventilator here :Download PB560 Ventilator Files | Medtronic

one of the component used in this device is cy7c67300.

since I am new to this field, I need your help please to answer this question:

Q1: does cy7c67300 need to be programmed, Or it has it own default loaded program?

Q2: if it needs programming, where can I find the .bin file? and what SW/HW tools I need?

I am asking this because they mentioned in one of there documents that USB_Firmware_V3.1.bin is available, but the didn't publish it with the compiled files while in Open Ventilator Self Service FAQ | Medtronic  in the last general question they said "We have completed the upload of materials to medtronic.com/openventilator."           

I will appreciate your help.

and thanks in advance

0 Likes
2 Replies
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

Q1: does cy7c67300 need to be programmed, Or it has it own default loaded program?

>> Yes. It needs to be programmed. When shipped, it will only have BIOS in it which can load the final application firmware.

Q2: if it needs programming, where can I find the .bin file? and what SW/HW tools I need?

>>Medtronic should be contacted for USB_Firmware_V3.1.bin - as the code is developed and compiled by them. Once you have the .bin file you can follow below:

While in BIOS, you can use qtui2c.exe to program scan-wrapped bin file to EEPROM. Please refer to the document mentioned in the following link for more details what software can i use to program cy7c67200 installed in FPGA DE2-115?

After downloading the kit contents as mentioned in the above link you can find the utility in the below path:

C:\Cypress\USB\OTG-Host\Tools\Utilities

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes
suve_4718881
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Were you able to find USB_Firmware_V3.1.bin , we are also trying to find the same file without any success.

Please let us know.

Regards,

Sujata

0 Likes