CCG3PA Configuration - get_alt_mode_numb returning 0

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
NaWo_4517846
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

During my attempts to debug why my DFP is failing to initiate alt mode discovery, I've found the "get_alt_mode_numb" function is returning a count of 0. After diving into the config.c file a bit with a hex editor, I can indeed verify that "get_pd_port_config(port)->alt_mode_tbl_offset" is set to 0x00,0x00. Surely this indicates something is incorrectly configured within the EZ-PD Configuration Utility, but I'm not certain what exactly. I've added a SVID node and populated it's value, and set "Modal operation supported" to "Yes". What other settings are all required to enable alt modes from the configuration utility?

I've attached my configuration output.

Thanks for any insight you might be able to provide,

Nathan W

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

>>The default firmware of CCG3PA can only read power related information since CCG3PA is mainly used for power applications. Hence it won't be reading any data information provided in config.c. Thus the alt_mode_tbl_offset is set to 0x00.

>>It doesn't matter if the SVID node is populated or 'Modal Operation supported' is set to Yes since these fields are concerned with the data sink (responder), not with the initiator (the one which sends Discover Identity).

If you want to use CCG3PA for data roles you will have to customize the firmware.

Best Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

>>The default firmware of CCG3PA can only read power related information since CCG3PA is mainly used for power applications. Hence it won't be reading any data information provided in config.c. Thus the alt_mode_tbl_offset is set to 0x00.

>>It doesn't matter if the SVID node is populated or 'Modal Operation supported' is set to Yes since these fields are concerned with the data sink (responder), not with the initiator (the one which sends Discover Identity).

If you want to use CCG3PA for data roles you will have to customize the firmware.

Best Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes