Possible to set GPIO input value or simulate interrupt?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are developing an automated state machine for our product using the BCM20736.  It would be very helpful to simulate interrupts or be able to set the pin value on a GPIO configured for input.  These are for custom configured pins.

This does not appear possible via the GPIO driver.  Is there a possible solution?

0 Likes
1 Solution
JacobT_81
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

This sounds like a job for JTAG, which we have an interface for. You should be able to script some tests that fire interrupts from the debug sw.

From the application level, I don't know of any direct means of firing sw interrupts. Perhaps you could tie one GPIO to another, when one goes high it will trigger the interrupt in the other.

Jacob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Below thread is good starting point on this topic. I believe you are also a number of gpio-related past threads too.

GPIO usage in WICED Smart SDK

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seen most of these threads.. I have not seen anything that indicates it will be possible to simulate GPIO inputs nor interrupts programmatically.  Not that we'd expect this ability... but there are oodles of undocumented API's in the SDK that I'm hoping may hold this ability.

0 Likes
JacobT_81
Employee
Employee

Hi kevin.kindara​,

Can you please clarify what you're trying to accomplish? What do you mean by simulate an interrupt?

And when a GPIO is configured as an input, it should be tristated and we don't have control over the voltage on it.

Jacob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

And when a GPIO is configured as an input, it should be tristated and we don't have control over the voltage on it.

That's what we figure and wouldn't expect the chipset to have the ability to programmatically change that, but was curious just in case.  I've seen some other unexpected capabilities in API's buried deep in the SDK.

We are writing automated tests for our firmware and were hoping to trigger interrupts programmatically to best simulate the UX on our device.

0 Likes
JacobT_81
Employee
Employee

This sounds like a job for JTAG, which we have an interface for. You should be able to script some tests that fire interrupts from the debug sw.

From the application level, I don't know of any direct means of firing sw interrupts. Perhaps you could tie one GPIO to another, when one goes high it will trigger the interrupt in the other.

Jacob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  We're working on a production board so these won't work for us now, but makes sense they are possibilities to look at.

0 Likes