i want to build a program in which i am taking a psoc module 4, a gsm modem and pc..

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Rach_4524011
Level 2
Level 2

i want to build a program in which i am taking a psoc module 4, a gsm modem and pc..tilll now i used pc to coomunicate with gsm modem, but now i want my my micro controller  to communicate with gsm modem with no intervention of pc.. i want to write AT on putty software and through which that at goes into micro controller and then from micro controller to gsm modem.. so my GSM answers OK which goes to microcontroller and then to pc.

so i want to basically use microcontroller as a tunnel in betweeen.. and want to develop a serial communication between micro controller and gsm.

0 Likes
1 Solution
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

You can use either fixed function UART or UDB based UART for this application.

Which PSoC family are you using?Some of the PSoC families wont have UDBs. In such cases you need to use fixed function UART only.

Do you need two way communication between PC-PSoC and PSoC-gsm modem interfaces? In those cases, you need to use two UARTs in your applcation.

Please refer UART_TX, UART_RX code examples in PSoC Creator for basic understanding.

You can also refer CE95366 from the link below:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/psoc-345-code-examples

Please try and update if you have any queries.

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

You can use either fixed function UART or UDB based UART for this application.

Which PSoC family are you using?Some of the PSoC families wont have UDBs. In such cases you need to use fixed function UART only.

Do you need two way communication between PC-PSoC and PSoC-gsm modem interfaces? In those cases, you need to use two UARTs in your applcation.

Please refer UART_TX, UART_RX code examples in PSoC Creator for basic understanding.

You can also refer CE95366 from the link below:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/psoc-345-code-examples

Please try and update if you have any queries.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes