AWS IOT?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AaAa_4716276
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked

So AWS IOT supports MQTT. MQTT authentication uses certificates. What I know is for each device in order to communicate it must subscribe and before doing that it must authenticate itself using certificates. My concerns is , is there omegle a limit as to how many certificates xender AWS IOT can handle per account? What if you have 10 000 devices, will there be 20 000 certificates (assuming one on one connection, ignoring one to many for now) . Is it safe to have it like that ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

My guess is that this question is more suited for aws forums because they will have more clarity on the policies that aws supports.

In my opinion, you can try checking out the fleet provisioning option AWS provides.

Provisioning devices that don't have device certificates using fleet provisioning - AWS IoT

Relevant code example: aws-iot-device-sdk-python-v2/fleetprovisioning.py at master · aws/aws-iot-device-sdk-python-v2 · Git...

Also, if you want to do clustering, you can may be give this a read as well https://www.hivemq.com/blog/running-hivemq-cluster-aws-auto-discovery/

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

My guess is that this question is more suited for aws forums because they will have more clarity on the policies that aws supports.

In my opinion, you can try checking out the fleet provisioning option AWS provides.

Provisioning devices that don't have device certificates using fleet provisioning - AWS IoT

Relevant code example: aws-iot-device-sdk-python-v2/fleetprovisioning.py at master · aws/aws-iot-device-sdk-python-v2 · Git...

Also, if you want to do clustering, you can may be give this a read as well https://www.hivemq.com/blog/running-hivemq-cluster-aws-auto-discovery/

0 Likes