S25FS model, QUAD MODE bit on POR(Power on Reset) without any write reg execution

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mich_4716756
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there any method to set CR1[1] = 1b'1 by default without any write_reg?

We're thinking of both a QUAD read based controller and a NOR flash on POR(Power on Reset). On SPI controller side, we make the controller boot-up with ECh read-opcode.But, recently we found out we need to set some configuration to FLASH with WREN, WRR before quad read execution.

So, we're looking for some method to set QUAD mode bit in CR1 by H/W default.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Community.

I would like to inform you that all flash devices are shipped with Quad mode disabled and unfortunately there is no other way of enabling the Quad mode apart from performing a write operation on configuration register. However, I would like to point out that the CR1NV register is a non volatile register and CR1NV[1] bit (QUAD_NV bit) provides the default state for the Quad bit upon power on. Therefore, once the CR1NV[1] bit is programmed to 1, the write operation on Configuration Register is not needed to be performed upon every power on.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Regards,

Apurva

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Community.

I would like to inform you that all flash devices are shipped with Quad mode disabled and unfortunately there is no other way of enabling the Quad mode apart from performing a write operation on configuration register. However, I would like to point out that the CR1NV register is a non volatile register and CR1NV[1] bit (QUAD_NV bit) provides the default state for the Quad bit upon power on. Therefore, once the CR1NV[1] bit is programmed to 1, the write operation on Configuration Register is not needed to be performed upon every power on.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Regards,

Apurva

0 Likes