What is the best subversion to install on ModustoolBox?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WiWi_4702256
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins Welcome! 5 solutions authored

The one I installed caused me some issues... ModusToolBox (not responding) quite frequently

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi William,

I checked with the internal team regarding this.

The IDE that is bundled with ModusToolbox is Eclipse IDE. Any compatibility/performance issues might be between the Eclipse IDE and the Subversion integration plugins. ModusToolbox projects contain a lot of files and can be big so maybe that causes grief for Subversion in your environment.

You can check using the native-eclipse and Subversion on the same project and see if performance improves.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi WiWi_4702256​,

Can you please confirm what you mean by subversion in this context? Are you referring to the ModusToolbox version and build number or the version of the Apache Subversion version control system that you want to use with ModusToolbox?

In case it is the latter, can you please let me know the following -

1. The procedure used to integrate Subversion.

2. The reason for adding subversion to ModusToolbox.

I will be forwarding your query to our internal team. I will provide a response on this thread as soon as I get an update.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

I would like to run a version of Apache Subversion to use with ModusToolBox.

Procedure:

Select Help->Install New Software

InstallNewSoftware.gif

Find an eclipse plugin update site, some folks have the Eclipse Market Place client installed.

UpdateSites.gif

Copy the update site and paste it into "Work with:"

EnterUpdateSite.gif

Click on "Add..." button and name it something meaningful to you

AddUpdateSite.gif

Click on "Add"

ThenInstallIt.gif

Then you just select em all and click "next" click and install

The reason for adding subversion to ModusToolbox.

Configuration Management, version control, not losing a full day of awesomeness creations...

This gives me access to a subversion repository running on a subversion server.

I have a "Starter license for (1) with Assembla. It does the job for now.

If you have further questions let me know... Glad to help.

William

0 Likes

Hey Rakshith,

I forgot to add that it allows me to seamlessly access the subversion repository (check-in, check-out) from the ModusToolBox... Without have to use tortoiseSVN Repository Browser (however I do use it, its got some nice features)

Once installed, I can add it as a perspective just like Git...

0 Likes

Hi William,

I checked with the internal team regarding this.

The IDE that is bundled with ModusToolbox is Eclipse IDE. Any compatibility/performance issues might be between the Eclipse IDE and the Subversion integration plugins. ModusToolbox projects contain a lot of files and can be big so maybe that causes grief for Subversion in your environment.

You can check using the native-eclipse and Subversion on the same project and see if performance improves.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B