PSOC4 I2C Connection with Honeywell SSC Pressure Sensor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
hewo_3702871
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm trying to connect the Honeywell differential pressure sensor (SSCDRRN005PD2A5) with PSOC4 using the I2C.

https://sensing.honeywell.com/SSCDRRN005PD2A5-amplified-board-mount-pressure-sensors

I want to acquire the pressure sensor values and send it to the computer through UART.  The UART connection is working, but I'm not able to acquire any pressure values.  I am trying to follow the document below showing the i2C protocol.  I changed the slave address to 0x28 and am trying to read two bytes from register 0x01. 

https://sensing.honeywell.com/i2c-comms-digital-output-pressure-sensors-tn-008201-3-en-final-30may12...  

Part of my code is below and I also attached the full files.  Thank you for your help.

int main()

{

int32 status;

int x_value;

int y = 200;

char str[20];

CyGlobalIntEnable;

I2C_Start();

UART_1_Start();

CyDelay(100);

// UART Connection

UART_1_UartPutString("UART Connected");

int32 Status;

uint8 x0,x1;

Status = I2C_I2CMasterSendStart(ADXL375_ADDR , I2C_I2C_WRITE_XFER_MODE, TIMEOUT_MIO);

Status |= I2C_I2CMasterWriteByte(REGISTER_DATAX0, TIMEOUT_MIO);

//Status |= I2C_I2CMasterSendStop(TIMEOUT_MIO);

for(;;)

{

Status |= I2C_I2CMasterReadByte(I2C_I2C_NAK_ADDR, &x0, TIMEOUT_MIO);

Status |= I2C_I2CMasterReadByte(I2C_I2C_NAK_ADDR, &x1, TIMEOUT_MIO);

//int32 status1 = (x0 & 0xc0) >> 6;

x_value = ((x0 & 0x3f) << 😎 +x1;

int Pmax = 5;

int Pmin = -5;

int Output_max = 16384;

int Output_min = 8224;

int p = ((x_value - Output_min)*(Pmax - Pmin))/(Output_max-Output_min)+Pmin;

itoa(p, str, 10);

UART_1_UartPutString("\r\n p = ");

UART_1_UartPutString(str); 

CyDelay(500);

}

}

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi hewo_3702871

Can you probe the line and check if I2C communication is happening? You can also check the return status from the I2C_I2CMasterWriteByte to make sure I2C communication is working as expected.

As I see from the datasheet, sending 0x01 to the device will set it to "device in command mode" (please confirm if this is the case). And if so, you can just read the data by using the I2CM_I2CMasterReadBuf to read all 4 bytes and perform the calculation.

Thanks,
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi hewo_3702871

Can you probe the line and check if I2C communication is happening? You can also check the return status from the I2C_I2CMasterWriteByte to make sure I2C communication is working as expected.

As I see from the datasheet, sending 0x01 to the device will set it to "device in command mode" (please confirm if this is the case). And if so, you can just read the data by using the I2CM_I2CMasterReadBuf to read all 4 bytes and perform the calculation.

Thanks,
Hari

0 Likes
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

Can you test with my sample?

You may need to change the target device and pins for I2C.

MCU Tester, a Swiss Army Knife for PSoC (CY8CKIT-044 version)

If i2c > scan command reports your sensor, the hardware connection should be fine.

Then in the i2c prompt, try "readregs <reg_x0_address> 4"

moto

0 Likes