PSoC Creator 4.3 Suddenly Unable to Open Projects - URGENT!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ErJa_4614451
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First like received

I upgraded to PSoC Creator 4.3 a few days ago and it was working fine.

Today, I tried to open a project from an SVN repository that I had created using PSoC Creator 4.2.   Creator displayed an error (which I did not record) as I opened the project (something to do with permissions to run code).  I terminated the process and then went to go open the 4.3 projects that I had just previously been working on.  Ever since then, every time I try to open any of my (v4.3) projects, I get an error dialog:

pastedImage_0.png

I have tried Rebooting, "Repairing" and total re-installation of PSoC creator, PDL's, Programmer, with the exact same results.

I am in the middle of a project and this is urgent, so any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!  🙂

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Dheeraj, and thanks very much for your response.

I completely purged everything on my system related to PSoC creator,  which included files that, even when I used the standard uninstall procedures left various files in my user folder (various .dll's).  I then reinstalled version 4.3 and then I was able to successfully open my 4.2 project and build successfully after updating some components.  So, so far, I am back up and running.   If anything changes, I will update this thread.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

When you run PSoC Creator, check if the log file "PSoC Creator-000.log" is getting generated at this path: "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp". If yes, please share the log here.

If not, please run PSoC Creator and then open the Task Manager. Right-click on PSoC Creator under the Processes Tab > Create dump file. When the crash occurs, a prompt will tell you where the dump file is located. Can you share this file as well? It will give us insight into what's causing this.

Looking forward to your reply!

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi Dheeraj, and thanks very much for your response.

I completely purged everything on my system related to PSoC creator,  which included files that, even when I used the standard uninstall procedures left various files in my user folder (various .dll's).  I then reinstalled version 4.3 and then I was able to successfully open my 4.2 project and build successfully after updating some components.  So, so far, I am back up and running.   If anything changes, I will update this thread.

Thanks again!

Glad to hear that everything is working. Also, thanks for sharing how you got things working, it will definitely help other users with the same issue

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes