Signal strength of CYBLE-0220001-00 BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NeDh_4602711
Level 5
Level 5
5 solutions authored First solution authored 50 replies posted

Hello,

We are developing wristband without a screen so we are planning to have a 3.7V 500mAh battery on top, then PCB that will have CYBLE-0220001-00 module soldered, and on the same PCB on the bottom side there will be MAX30100 heart rate sensor.

So here my question is as I am planning to have CYBLE-0220001-00 BLE in between Battery and MAX30100 sensor module. I am worried about do I get the CYBLE-0220001-00 BLE (signal strength) range as usual? or it will drop due to battery-penetrating(battery material)(BLE signal cannot pass easily) of battery kept on top?

Please suggest an arrangement of CYBLE-0220001-00.

I am attaching a battery image for your reference. Click here

Thanks and regards,

Neeraj

0 Likes
1 Solution
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Neeraj,

Please refer the attached image taken from the module datasheet. It contains the minimum clearance area required for the antenna.

reco1.PNG

Also, please refer section 12 from Antenna Design and RF Layout Guidelines application note from link below:

https://www.cypress.com/file/136236/download

Also, you can see the following image from the same application note

reco2.PNG

Hope the above information helps you to decide the proper placement.

We strictly recommend you to place the components in place and test the range before going for prototype.

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Neeraj,

Please refer the attached image taken from the module datasheet. It contains the minimum clearance area required for the antenna.

reco1.PNG

Also, please refer section 12 from Antenna Design and RF Layout Guidelines application note from link below:

https://www.cypress.com/file/136236/download

Also, you can see the following image from the same application note

reco2.PNG

Hope the above information helps you to decide the proper placement.

We strictly recommend you to place the components in place and test the range before going for prototype.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Thank you so much

Regards,

Neeraj

0 Likes