CY7C65215 reconfiguration when mfg disabled

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GaSt_4662296
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I wanted to configure my CY7C65215 with SCB0 being a I2C master, but I just wanted to use the Cypress Vid/Pid.  So, I configured the device as below.  Unfortunately, that doesn't load the vendor driver correctly as it is not in the .inf that way. 

USB_Config.jpgSCB1_Config.jpgSCB0_Config.jpg

I would like to re-configure the part, but I don't see to be able to get back to manufacturing mode.   These are the HW IDs I have in Device Manager:

DevMgmt_HW-IDs.jpg

I followed the instructions here: Cypress USB-Serial with Custom VID/PID and Manufacturing Interface Disabled - KBA222695   (Update driver, CypressSerial.inf... -> Usb-Serial Composite Device; then select the new device that has the _MI on it and select the vendor driver....   But it doesn't show up in the config utility. 

Usb-serial_vendor-composite-config-util.jpg

Am I doing somethign wrong?  Should I be able to re-configure this Cypress part after configuring as above (Manufacturing interface disabled)?  Is there a way for me to get back to that state?

Thanks!

- Gary

0 Likes
1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

The option to disable the Manufacturing Mode interface is provided so as to avoid reprogramming/re-configuring the USB-Serial device.

Manufacturing Mode interface should not be disabled unless you will have no need to reprogram the device.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

The option to disable the Manufacturing Mode interface is provided so as to avoid reprogramming/re-configuring the USB-Serial device.

Manufacturing Mode interface should not be disabled unless you will have no need to reprogram the device.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

I thought that would be the answer.  Unfortunately, our application doesn't like things when we have the manufacturing interface enabled (not sure why); so I had to disable it for our application to work.  (I should probably talk to our developers about that; there really isn't a good reason for us to have to disable the manufacturing interface in some cases.)

Thanks,

Gary

0 Likes