how CY4532 EZ-PD™ CCG3PA Evaluation Kit could Config different HW setup ?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Geromino
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Power Adapter FW (PA)  run on CYPD3171-24LQXQ

CCG3PA Power Adapter with Direct Feedback Control run on CYPD3175-24LQXQ 

1 ) does Power Adapter FW (PA)   demo is similar to CCG3PA Power Adapter with Direct Feedback Control  example ?

2)  CYPD3171-24LQXQ  vs CYPD3175-24LQXQ    how to compare this chips  or it just hw configuration ?

3)  could i run CCG3PA Power Adapter with Direct Feedback Control  project on CY4532 EZ-PD™ CCG3PA Evaluation Kit?

reference :

002-16951_EZ-PD_TM_CCG3PA_Datasheet_USB_Type-C_Port_Controller.pdf

https://www.cypress.com/part/cypd3171-24lqxq#quality-and-rohs

https://www.cypress.com/part/cypd3171-24lqxq#quality-and-rohs

0 Likes
1 Solution

thanks    it is exactly  what i done 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

1) Yes, the Power Adapter demo is similar to the Power adapter with Direct Feedback control. you can follow instructions in Kit Guide for the demo.

2) CYPD3171 is used for Power Bank applications. It has Rp, Rd and Rd-db termination resistors. It is used in DRP applications.

CYPD3175 is used for Power Adapter based on Direct Feedback and has only Rp termination resistors. It is used in DFP applications.

3) Power adapter with Direct Feedback control project from the CCGx Power SDK can be run on the CY4532 EVK with some modification.

• Open the CYPD3175-24LQXQ_pa_direct_fb project from CCGx Power SDK
  • modify the part number by changing it in Project>>Device Selector...>>CYPD3171-24LQXQ
  • In TopDesign.cysch Bootloadable component, change the Bootloader HEX file parameter in the Dependencies tab to Bootloader hex present in EZ-PD CCGx Power SDK\CCGx\Firmware\binaries\CYPD3171-24LQXQ_cla\CYPD3171 24LQXQ_cc_sink_boot_3_1_1_1458_0_0_0_pb.hex as shown below

pastedImage_6.png

Regards,

Pranava

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes

thanks   for elaborate  answer 

if i run no boot project  the  section of bootable1  is not relevant ?

0 Likes
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

As noboot doesn't include the Bootloader component this step is not relevant.

But while SWD programming do make sure that the bootloadable is pointing to relevent bootloader.

Regards,

Pranava

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes

thanks    it is exactly  what i done 

0 Likes