CYW920719B2Q40EVB-01 Build + Programme option not available in ModusToolbox

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
anje_2248446
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hello I have a EVM CYW920719B2Q40EVB-01, which I'm trying to programme via usb with one of the wiced_btsdk examples using ModusToolbox, but Build + Programme option not available in ModusToolbox. Please help.

I also tried pressing generate launches, but nothing happens when pressed it.

I also went through this post: How to program the CYW920819EVB-02 via USB

and this document: https://www.cypress.com/file/463076/download

But could not get this working. Please help out.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Did you rename the application?

Since, you are able to clean and build the application, I feel this issue is only related to the IDE display. But little strange!!!

After renaming the application, you should be able to update the launch configuration using "Generate Launches" option. Then the launch options should be displayed in quick panel option.

• Could you please refresh the application from the project explorer? (right clicking on the application and do refresh few times).
  • Also, Could you please create a new workspace and try importing the application by keeping all the settings as default?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Did you rename the application?

Since, you are able to clean and build the application, I feel this issue is only related to the IDE display. But little strange!!!

After renaming the application, you should be able to update the launch configuration using "Generate Launches" option. Then the launch options should be displayed in quick panel option.

• Could you please refresh the application from the project explorer? (right clicking on the application and do refresh few times).
  • Also, Could you please create a new workspace and try importing the application by keeping all the settings as default?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Thanks Dheeraj for the quick reply. Actually I did not rename the application name, but I installed modustoolbox at different location (D:\ModusToolbox). So, I got it fixed when ModusToolbox is installed at default path (C:\Users\Admin\ModusToolbox). Now, when pressed generate Launches, the programm option is available. But now facing other issue here, when I tried to program example application (audio watch, audio gateway or any other example) on CYW920719B2Q40EVB-01 by pressing programm, the console log shows:

Programming target device ...

Detecting serial port ...

Serial port not detected...

Download failed

But serial ports are actually detected and can be seen from device manager. (WICED HCI UART & WICED PERIPHERAL UART).

I have also tried, suggestion to recover the device by: but it did not really help.

Press and hold the 'Recover' button on the kit.

Press and hold the 'Reset' button on the kit.

Release the 'Reset' button.

After one second, release the 'Recover' button.

Is there something missing here ? Please help.

thanks,

aniket

pastedImage_4.png

0 Likes

Hi,

Please see the installation guide to know what extra steps you need to do when you install Modustoolbox in custom path.

https://www.cypress.com/file/504351/download  (Search for "Install at a custom path")

Please try below workarounds.

• Please ensure that any other program (Eg. teraterm) is not using the WICED HCI uart port  while you trying to download the application.
  • Please do the recovery procedure before you download the application.
    • Press and hold the 'Recover' button on the kit.
    • Press and hold the 'Reset' button on the kit.
    • Release the 'Reset' button.
    • After one second, release the 'Recover' button.
  • Go to the makefile of the application and hardcode the WICED HCI port as below and try downloading.
    • UART?=COM15
  • Try downloading using another board. If the device is not recovered properly or faulty, the download can fail.

You can also try using CLI commands to download the application. Please check the user manual https://www.cypress.com/file/504361/download ​.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Dheeraj, Thanks for the documents and after hard coding UART as COM17 (WICED HCI port as listed in the device manager) I'm able to program CYW920719B2Q40EVB-01 by pressing program, the console log shows:

Programming target device ...

Found serial port : COM17

Downloading FW ...

Download succeeded

Programming complete

I have flashed audio watch example, now as per read_me.txt in the example application I'm trying to use WICED Client control application to connect it with BR/EDR audio speaker to test A2DP Source (BR/EDR Audio Source) feature. I'm able to select & open WICED HCI port in the WICED Client control application. But BR/EDR discovery Start/Stop buttons are grayed out, even all the options in all the profile tabs are grayed out, apart from FW patch file Download options. is there anything missing here ? or FW patch file needs to be downloaded to enable BR/EDR discovery Start/Stop buttons & other options ? if yes, can you please provide me the FW patch file for CYW920719B2Q40EVB-01 ?

Thanks for all the help.

-aniket

pastedImage_3.png

0 Likes

Hi,

It is working as expected for me. Please use the latest Modustoolbox and BTSDK (v2.5).

Make sure that you have downloaded correct application on the appropriate board and it is running. Also use the Clientcontrol from the same SDK version. Please share the the PUART device trace with us. You will be able to see the supported tabs prints as attached and corresponding tabs should be enabled.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Dheeraj Thanks for additional information.

I have checked, and I'm using ModusToolbox version 2.1 and Client control application from same ModusToolbox installation. Also BTSDK version is 2.5

Please check attached images for verification.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Here is the BTSpy Application Log (I guess this is from PUART).

06-01-2020 20:10:55.138: Opened \\.\COM17 at speed: 3000000 flow on

06-01-2020 20:10:57.134: Startup

06-01-2020 20:10:57.134: Set discoverable:1, connectable:1

06-01-2020 20:10:57.134: Set Pairable:1

I have also tried using PUART with teraterm at Baud rate 115200 or 3M or any other Baud rate but did not see any log traces on terminal.

Also program CYW920719B2Q40EVB-01 is successful, please check this generated download.log file:

https://unizentechnologies-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/p/aniket/EfAdepADX9BLtBsx49o70vcBs3wrH_Tjzoe3EaYF2s...

I have also tried Bluetooth configurator application to configure Bluetooth data base for advertising services, but it did not really help.

But one I thing I have observed, if I try to use NRF Android App to monitor BLE/ER/BDR devices nearby, I did not really see CYW920719B2Q40EVB-01 in the NRF Android App.

Just for verification, here is the board that I'm using:

pastedImage_5.png

So, still the problem is client control application profile options are still grayed out.

Please provide some inputs.

thanks,

-aniket

0 Likes

Hi,

Could you please try downloading the application using Modustoolbox IDE itself and try connecting the Clientcontrol?

Please let me know if you are using any external tool to download the application.

I believe the program didn't run well after download. Typically we launch the program at 0xFFFFFFFF. You have reset the Chip to address 0x00000000.

FYI.

We recommend to create separate community threads for each logically different issues.

If you click on the "Use advanced editor" at the right top corner of the reply box, you will get options to attach files, log, etc.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Dheeraj, I'm not using any external tool to download FW into CYW920719B2Q40EVB-01 and I have not changed anything related to program address or reset address. I have just shared you download.log file at this path D:\cypress\Audio-20719B2EVB01\audio\watch\build\CYW920719B2Q40EVB-01\Debug\download.log generated by ModusToolbox itself when board is programmed by ModusToolbox. I have made a short video showing CYW920719B2Q40EVB-01 is programmed by ModusToolbox then Wiced client control application is launched from ModusToolbox itself but still BR/EDR discovery start/stop and all other options are still grayed out. Please check this video:

I have created this new topic as per your suggestion here: BR/EDR Disconvery start/stop options grayed out in ModusToolbox WICED client control application

0 Likes

Hi,

Just now we have noticed that you are using wrong board.

The board image which you have shared is CYW920719Q40EVB-01, which is having an older version of 20719 chip (vB1), and it is expected to work only with WICED SDK.  You will have to get the latest version (20719B2 chip) of evaluation kit, which is CYW920719B2Q40EVB-01 in-order to work with Modustoolbox IDE and BTSDK.

Please check this link: https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cyw920719b2q40evb-01-evaluation-kit

Thanks,

-Dheeraj