how do set the QuadDec clock

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mata_4341751
Level 1
Level 1

The QuadDec's phiA and phiB have input frequencies of 700Hz,how do set the QuadDec clock?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

>>"I set the clock to 50Hz, but the data read through the "QuadDec_Hall_ReadCounter" API is always 32678."

--> The input clock frequency of QuadDec should be greater than or equal to 7 KHz since the frequency of PhiA and PhiB are 700Hz (as per 10x rule).

>>Please check the "Quadrature_Decoder" code example from PSoC Creator. You can use this project as a reference to test your board.

Kindly update if you have any queries once you have gone through the code example.

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The clock input frequency should be greater than or equal to 10x the maximum A or B input frequency.Y

The best practice is to set the QuadDec input clock frequency as high as possible.

Do you have any restriction for keeping this clock frequency high? If yes, what is the limit?

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

I set the clock to 50Hz, but the data read through the "QuadDec_Hall_ReadCounter" API is always 32678.

I don't know if the clock configuration is incorrect or the other configuration is incorrect?

0 Likes

Hi,

>>"I set the clock to 50Hz, but the data read through the "QuadDec_Hall_ReadCounter" API is always 32678."

--> The input clock frequency of QuadDec should be greater than or equal to 7 KHz since the frequency of PhiA and PhiB are 700Hz (as per 10x rule).

>>Please check the "Quadrature_Decoder" code example from PSoC Creator. You can use this project as a reference to test your board.

Kindly update if you have any queries once you have gone through the code example.

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

0 Likes