Tracelyzer usage in WICED.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SrK_4096326
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using STM32F412 based platform and running WICED threadx OS based application on it. We wanted to measure the CPU load used by the application. So we tried to use Tracelyzer tool after enabling TX_ENABLE_EVENT_TRACE macro. Then we are getting  the below linking error.

undefined reference to `wiced_tracex_enable'

So where can we get  the definition for `wiced_tracex_enable'? Is it part of a separate library?

Also please let us know if there is any alternate ways for measuring the CPU load.

Regards,

Srinivas

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

I think Tracelyzer is primarily intended to debug the host using FreeRTOS. Do you intend to do that?

ThreadX, an RTOS from Express Logic (EL), has their own tracing tool known as TraceX which you need to license from EL themselves. If you don't intend to do that; instead do a runtime analysis using Tracelyzer tool, you build the FreeRTOS flavour of the same code example.

e.g, snip.scan-BCM94343WWCD2-FreeRTOS-LwIP download

By default, WICED does not record the traces for FreeRTOS for obvious memory considerations. If you need any help in setting up the FreeRTOSConfig.h to create the trace facility, which is documented well in FreeRTOS forums, please let me know.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

I think Tracelyzer is primarily intended to debug the host using FreeRTOS. Do you intend to do that?

ThreadX, an RTOS from Express Logic (EL), has their own tracing tool known as TraceX which you need to license from EL themselves. If you don't intend to do that; instead do a runtime analysis using Tracelyzer tool, you build the FreeRTOS flavour of the same code example.

e.g, snip.scan-BCM94343WWCD2-FreeRTOS-LwIP download

By default, WICED does not record the traces for FreeRTOS for obvious memory considerations. If you need any help in setting up the FreeRTOSConfig.h to create the trace facility, which is documented well in FreeRTOS forums, please let me know.