Error while trying to Bootload a file to MCU

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SvSc_4616791
Level 2
Level 2
Welcome!

Hello Together,

i have a Problem with my Bootloader. I had to Split our exisiting Project in two Parts, one is now the Bootloader, this part should be as dumb as it can and our main Project as Bootloadable.

I added a Bootloader to Project One and a Bootloadable to Project Two and made the reference between them.

Both of them can be Compiled and i can Program our Chip with the Firmware.

But when i want to Load the Bootloadable Software with the Bootloader Host Tool i got this Error From the Bootloader Host:

01:09:52 PM - program Started

01:09:53 PM - The slave failed to successfully acknowledge the packet.

01:09:53 PM - Communication port reported error 'Unable to write data to the target device'.

01:09:53 PM - program failed in 927 ms

Maybe one of you can help me with this Problem.

I appreciate every solution and help I can get.

Have a nice day

Sven

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Ekta,

we moved forward with this Project and try to deploy it from the other Site.

So we get rid of the Bootloader and trying to do this on our own.

We get the new Firmware over BLE, write them into the extern EPROM, then transfer them via I2C into the flash and a little Selfmade Bootloader Resets the Chip with the new Firmware inside.

We dont know if this work, but ill try it.

Thanks for your help

Sven

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello Sven,

Could you please attach you project so that we can have a look at it.

This will help us to get a better understanding of the issue.

Also, could you please confirm if you have protected some of the space in Flash memory? If yes, can you please try changing the Flash protection to unprotected and see if the issue exists?

Regards

Ekta

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello Ekta,

The Flash is unprotected. I Added the Project, but i had to remove company restricted Files.

I hope the Top Design stays the same, i just deleted the main part of the functionallity. I hope you can see some mistakes only with the topdesign. If you need more code, then i can give it to you.

Thanks for your Help

Sven

0 Likes
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello SvSc_4616791​,

I am getting the following errors while building the project, due to missing .elf file.

Can you provide the project with this file so that I can try bootloading at my end.

pastedImage_1.png

Thanks and Regards

Ekta

0 Likes

Hello Ekta,

we moved forward with this Project and try to deploy it from the other Site.

So we get rid of the Bootloader and trying to do this on our own.

We get the new Firmware over BLE, write them into the extern EPROM, then transfer them via I2C into the flash and a little Selfmade Bootloader Resets the Chip with the new Firmware inside.

We dont know if this work, but ill try it.

Thanks for your help

Sven

0 Likes