Suddently always can't SWD for CY8C5888FNI-LP214

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MoHo_4705901
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

I are using CY8C5888FNI-LP214 MCU, maybe have 3 pieces of 100 suddenly can't work(including SWD, UART and so on).  I have checked setup environment and all power supply to MCU, they are ok. Additionally the 3 pieces worked normally ever, suddenly can't work.

Who can help me to solve it, thanks a lot.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi MoHo_4705901​,

Actually i think why the chip is damaged is complicate, because maybe the equipment, the module hardware design, the chip  itself.

I agree to this. Any kind of short-circuit, supply variations or peripherals voltage variations above the ratings mentioned in the datasheet might result in damaging the device. We have seen cases where the orientation in which the chip was placed was wrong and in other cases the placement of the traces caused short-circuit.

Please confirm that the custom board is free of any issues, you can start with the power lines and the XRES line.

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi moho_4705901​,

Please provide the following details to help us better understand the issue.

Can you please confirm that your schematic and layout designs match the PSoC 5 hardware design considerations?

Additionally the 3 pieces worked normally ever, suddenly can't work.

Can you let me know at what point you observed this issue? Can you confirm that there was no short-circuit?

Can you perform a swap-test to determine the cause of the issue?

How is the device being programmed? Can you please let me know the error that you are getting when you try to connect to the device?

To isolate the issue from the project used, can you try programming a code example and check if you are able to program the device?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hi RakshithM

Thanks for your reply.

I replaced with a new CY8C5888FNI-LP214, the module recover OK, so i can get conclusion the old chip is damaged.

Actually i think why the chip is damaged is complicate, because maybe the equipment, the module hardware design, the chip  itself.

But if probably, you can give me your opinions, thanks!

0 Likes

Hi MoHo_4705901​,

I agree to this. Any kind of short-circuit, supply variations or peripherals voltage variations above the ratings mentioned in the datasheet might result in damaging the device. We have seen cases where the orientation in which the chip was placed was wrong and in other cases the placement of the traces caused short-circuit.

Please confirm that the custom board is free of any issues, you can start with the power lines and the XRES line.

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes