FX2LP Virtual COM PORT

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EsPo_3827446
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

I tried to implement  AN58764 Reference design virtual com PORT using  CY7C68013A   

AN58764 - Implementing a Virtual COM Port Using FX2LP

I load the reference firmware  but  driver not installed in my PC. 

e1.JPG

and also in device name not shown in usb control center.

e2.JPG

0 Likes
5 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Can you please double click on the device in the device manager and send me a screen shot of the Device Status under General Tab.

Please the see the below image for reference.

pastedImage_2.png

I was able to get the device enumerated using the .hex file in the application note.

Can you please let me know if you are loading the .hex fiel to RAM or the .iic file to EEPROM?

pastedImage_3.png

You can also try to update the driver manually by right clicking on the device and select Update Driver -> Select automatically for updated driver software

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hello Yatheesh,

I share the device status of my device.  e3.JPG

and also I tried with these method Update Driver -> Select automatically for updated driver software

e4.JPG

I load the .hex file to RAM

Thanks,

Esakki

0 Likes

Hello,

Please follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the device in the device manager -> update driver -> Browse my computer for driver software

2. Select Let me pick from a list of available driver on my computer -> Have Disk

3. Browse to the following location "C:\Windows\INF" and select the folder.

4. Click OK

5. A list of compatible drivers will be listed. Select USB Serial Device and click Next. this will install the driver.

pastedImage_0.png

6. Click Close

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

I follow that procedure  but I have doubt to choose the model. Please see the image below.

e5.JPG

e6.JPG

Thanks

Esakki

0 Likes

Hello,

Select USB Serial Port under Cypress (or) USB Serial Device under Microsoft

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes