BCM94343W_AVN fails to get an IP from AP DHCP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoSi_4631176
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hi,

I'm trying to run the AWS Shadow IoT example for BCM94343W_AVN but it fails most of the time to get an IP address from my AP, about 90% of the time I'm getting the error "Unable to obtain IP address via DHCP". There is no issue with my AP as other platforms works without any problem. Please, could anyone help me ?

Board: BCM94343W_AVN

WiCED Studio Version: 6.4

Platform file from GitHub - CloudConnectKits/WICED-STUDIO-6.x_Platform_Files  

Starting WICED Wiced_006.004.000.0061

Platform BCM94343W_AVN initialised

Started ThreadX v5.8

WICED_core Initialized

Initialising NetX_Duo v5.10_sp3

Creating Packet pools

WLAN MAC Address : B0:38:29:XX:XX:XX

WLAN Firmware    : wl0: May  2 2019 02:39:20 version 7.45.98.83 (r714225 CY) FWID 01-476cc09d

WLAN CLM         : API: 12.2 Data: 9.10.39 Compiler: 1.29.4 ClmImport: 1.36.3 Creation: 2019-05-02 02:29:53

[Shadow]Connecting to network

Joining : my_network

Successfully joined : my_network

Obtaining IPv4 address via DHCP

L1420 : dhcp_client_init() : DHCP CLIENT hostname = [WICED IP]

Unable to obtain IP address via DHCP

Thanks in advance

Rodrigo

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Aditi_B
500 replies posted 5 questions asked 250 replies posted

Hi,

I successfully ran the sample example shadow.c in demo.aws.iot.shadow.thing_shadow for CYW954907AEVAL1F platform. Their is no issue with the project and it works fine. I have also tested the code example for CYW94343WWCD1_EVB board which has the same combo as the AVNET kit but is a Cypress board. You can find the snapshots of the terminal for the same.

Unfortunately. we have dropped support for the AVNET kit in WICED a while ago. We recommend you to use the WCD1 or the WCD2 equivalent for this project.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Aditi_B

Hi,

Is shadow.c is the application that you are using in your project?

Location: 43xxx_Wi-Fi\apps\demo\aws\iot\shadow\thing_shadow\shadow.c

I guess you are not facing similar errors with other platforms. Does your AP works fine when you use the same example with other platform?Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Hi ,

Yes, that is the exactly project I'm seeing this issue, is it a known issue for this platform ?

Unfortunatelly I don't have another WICED platform to test this project, what I meant was other devices with WiFi is connecting and getting IP via DHCP from same AP.

I have also tried to use my phone as AP by enabling Mobile Hotspot, the behavior is the same, the BCM94343W_AVN fails about 90% of time to get a IP from AP using DHCP protocol.

Thanks for your help.

Rodrigo

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Aditi_B

Hi,

I successfully ran the sample example shadow.c in demo.aws.iot.shadow.thing_shadow for CYW954907AEVAL1F platform. Their is no issue with the project and it works fine. I have also tested the code example for CYW94343WWCD1_EVB board which has the same combo as the AVNET kit but is a Cypress board. You can find the snapshots of the terminal for the same.

Unfortunately. we have dropped support for the AVNET kit in WICED a while ago. We recommend you to use the WCD1 or the WCD2 equivalent for this project.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Best regards,

Rodrigo