I need to send and receive messages with the BLE MESH, but without using the app Client Control Mesh

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jama_4535901
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 25 replies posted

I can print in UART the reply massage ("0x670x650x740x730x740x6c" or any message) with the card with code Mesh_Snip_213043MESH.mesh_provision_client / mesh_vendor_client.c (CYBT-213043-MESH

ccld.PNG

BUT

the next thing i want to do

i want the board that has the code: Mesh_Snip_213043MESH.mesh_provision_client / mesh_vendor_client.c, send the data: "0x670x650x740x730x740x6c" to the board with the code Mesh_Snip_213043MESH.mesh_vendor_

but now without using the windows Mesh Control Client app

I want to know if another microcontroller can send the same data frame sent by the Mesh Control Client app to the WICED HCI port? or

Is the other option possible? : modify the Mesh_Snip_213043MESH.mesh_provision_client / mesh_vendor_client.c code so that it sends this data (0x670x650x740x730x740x6c) without using the Mesh Control Client app

Please

Can you tell me how can I do this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

HI,

Please refer WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol.pdf  if you want to use external host MCU to communicate with Cypress WICED device via HCI UART. Cypress MeshClientControl is a sample helper application which uses WICED HCI Control Protocol.

Please refer hci_control_api.h to get list of HCI commands.

Otherwise you can also hard code the data to be send in the application, and publish it by detecting interrupts. But I don't think you wanted to send some hard coded value always.

Thanks,

- Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

HI,

Please refer WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol.pdf  if you want to use external host MCU to communicate with Cypress WICED device via HCI UART. Cypress MeshClientControl is a sample helper application which uses WICED HCI Control Protocol.

Please refer hci_control_api.h to get list of HCI commands.

Otherwise you can also hard code the data to be send in the application, and publish it by detecting interrupts. But I don't think you wanted to send some hard coded value always.

Thanks,

- Dheeraj

0 Likes

if I decided to modify the Mesh_Snip_213043 code MESH.mesh_provision_client / mesh vendor_client.c

What lines should I modify and how could these lines be to avoid using the client control mesh app?

I want the board with the code Mesh_Snip_213043 MESH.mesh_provision_client / mesh vendor_client.c to send the message ("0x670x650x740x730x740x6c") with 1 second intervals

0 Likes

Hi,

Please have a look at the code mesh_vendor_client.c.

mesh_vendor_client_proc_rx_cmd() is the function which handles the vendor HCI commands coming from the ClientControlMesh (from an external MCU). It parses the data, create a mesh event and then send vendor data using mesh_vendor_client_send_data(). If you are using an external MCU to generate the VS data, you can use this function.

If you want to hard code the data and send it periodically, you can create another function with the similar logic of mesh_vendor_client_proc_rx_cmd() (which creates the mesh event and publish the data. Please check wiced_bt_mesh_event.h) and call it periodically by a timer. (Please check wiced_timer.h).

Few helpful links to understand cypress mesh architecture:

Lab manual (chapter:7 is about mesh):CypressAcademy_WBT101_Files/Labmanual at master · cypresssemiconductorco/CypressAcademy_WBT101_Files...

Appnote: https://www.cypress.com/file/473921/download

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes