PSoC 63 SPI slow speed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
JaWa_4152831
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

operating system: WINDOWS 10

IDE: PSoC creator 4.2

MCU: CYBLE-416045-02

SPI component version 2

PDL: 3.1.0

I am using SPI in Master mode

CPHA 0

CPOL 0

Data Rate 25000 kbps

Oversample 4

the actual data rate is 6250 ksps

if I remove MISO I can set oversample to 2 but I need MISO

I need at least a sample rate of 1200 ksps how can I increase the speed of the SPI?

is 6250 ksps the maximum sample rate?

is there a way I can override the oversample to be 2 while keeping MISO?

how can I increase my data rate?

if 6250 ksps is the top speed then why does the datasheet boast a 25000 ksps spi bus?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach

Thanks that helpedmI had to do that and also I edited the HF clock that feeds CLK_Peri it had HF clock was set to 50 it is now 100 and oversample 4 sets spi clock to 25Mhz! yay. FYI local clocks (perifrials) cannot be edited they are grayed out. only the upper clocks (currently in yellow) can be edited.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi JaWa_4152831​,

When MISO is enabled, the oversampling factor can be between 4 to 16. The desired output frequency depends on the input clock source to the SCB block and the oversampling factor. ie desired SPI freq = SCB Clk freq/ Oversampling.

To achieve 25 Mbps with minimum allowable oversampling of 4, set the input clk_peri to 100 MHz (25 x 4) as shown using clock configurator:

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes
lock attach

Thanks that helpedmI had to do that and also I edited the HF clock that feeds CLK_Peri it had HF clock was set to 50 it is now 100 and oversample 4 sets spi clock to 25Mhz! yay. FYI local clocks (perifrials) cannot be edited they are grayed out. only the upper clocks (currently in yellow) can be edited.

0 Likes