WICED_TRANSPORT_UART_RAW_MODE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AlGo_4347736
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

Hello!

I want to learn more about using wiced_transport_send_raw_buffer. Stumbled upon her description in wiced_transport.h.

/**

* Function         wiced_transport_send_raw_buffer

*    Used when transport mode is WICED_TRANSPORT_UART_RAW_MODE. Available with the wiced_uart_raw_mode_lib.

*    Send the packet to the host over the transport using the buffer allocated by the application.

*    This function takes care of preparing the header and sending the data. The buffer must be freed

*    by the application if return status is WICED_SUCCESS.

* Note: Application has to allocate buffer from transport pool using wiced_transport_allocate_buffer

*         and copy the payload to this buffer and send the payload pointer.

*         This allows the application to use custom size buffers and avoid overrun of generic buffers,

*         which is shared across firmware code.

*@param[in]    p_buf                :Pointer to the payload

*@param[in]    length               :Payload length

* @return   wiced_result_t

*/

wiced_result_t wiced_transport_send_raw_buffer( uint8_t* p_buf, uint16_t length );

When compiling using this function, I got an error - undefined reference to `wiced_transport_send_raw_buffer'.

As far as I understood, I need the wiced_uart_raw_mode_lib library. Where can I get it and how can I connect it?

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

The latest BTSDK (v2.5) does not have the supporting library.

wiced_uart_raw_mode_lib library will be added to the next BTSDK release, hopefully with a sample application.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

May I know which platform (device) are you using?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi,

The latest BTSDK (v2.5) does not have the supporting library.

wiced_uart_raw_mode_lib library will be added to the next BTSDK release, hopefully with a sample application.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hello, DheerajP_41!

I'm using CYW920721B2EVK-02.

When does this update come out?

Thank you!

0 Likes

Next release should come out in couple of weeks.

0 Likes