CE223726_EmWin_TFT_Display_ST7789 Failed to Generate Keil/MDK pack in Creator 4.2/4.3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Ray_Liang
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 10 questions asked 5 likes given

Hi,

I need to use Keil/MDK to do further development for some reason. And I need the 8080 Interface in my application.

I download the code example CE223726 in Creator, and try to Generate CMSIS-Pack by build setting per the KBA/AN. But it will return failed as below.

How can I export this code example to Keil/MDK IDE?

pastedImage_0.png

Regards,

Ray

1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Ray,

Here's the workaround to the issue. Please navigate to the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.x.x" and open the file "Cypress.PDL.pdsc" in your favorite editor. Make sure the PDL folder you edit is the one being used by the project in PSoC Creator. You can check the PDL version being used by going to Build Settings > Peripheral Driver Library > Default.

Search and remove these lines:

<file category="include" name="middleware/emWin/code/include/nosnts_softfp/"/>

<file category="include" name="middleware/emWin/code/include/nosts_softfp/" />

<file category="include" name="middleware/emWin/code/include/osnts_softfp/"/>

<file category="include" name="middleware/emWin/code/include/osts_softfp/"/>

Then open PSoC Creator and perform a clean and build. The export process should now work as expected.

Let me know your observations.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajK_81

Hello Ray,

I am able to reproduce this issue. I have passed this to the internal software team for evaluation, will get back to you on this.

Thank you for your interest in Cypress Products.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes
DheerajK_81

Hello Ray,

Here's the workaround to the issue. Please navigate to the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.x.x" and open the file "Cypress.PDL.pdsc" in your favorite editor. Make sure the PDL folder you edit is the one being used by the project in PSoC Creator. You can check the PDL version being used by going to Build Settings > Peripheral Driver Library > Default.

Search and remove these lines:

<file category="include" name="middleware/emWin/code/include/nosnts_softfp/"/>

<file category="include" name="middleware/emWin/code/include/nosts_softfp/" />

<file category="include" name="middleware/emWin/code/include/osnts_softfp/"/>

<file category="include" name="middleware/emWin/code/include/osts_softfp/"/>

Then open PSoC Creator and perform a clean and build. The export process should now work as expected.

Let me know your observations.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi Dheeraj,

Thanks for the response.

I also suppose that may be related with the emWin. I create an empty project which only add the GraphicLCDIntf component.

It is no issue to generate pack. An I do not need the emWin for this application. So, I already go ahead so far.

For your answer, I have tried, it can work. I can generate CMSIS pack by CE223726 now.

Regards,

Ray

0 Likes