Snippet and template support in PSoC creator 4.3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Pava_1191361
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given Welcome!

I expected that under Psoc Creator 4.3 --> menu bar --> Tools --> Options Under "project Management",  the setting for "My Template projects location:" could be used to specify the location that holds a number of snippet (xml) files.

This however did NOT show them as an active snippets (Psoc Creator 4.3 --> menu bar --> Edit --> Snippets --> Insert Snippet ... ).

When I added the snippets manually to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.3\PSoC Creator\conf\snippets\c directory they showed up (and were functional).

Is this the intended way to add snippets?

When a new project is created,it created a main (for example main_cm0p.c) which seems to follow a template. Is it possible to change that template (just the header comment part?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Pava_1191361​,

The My Template projects location is used to specify the default location to save your template projects. Can you please tell me know what snippets you are trying to include and the entire use case? This will help us in understanding the issue better.

When a new project is created,it created a main (for example main_cm0p.c) which seems to follow a template. Is it possible to change that template (just the header comment part?

You can create your own template project and create your project using the template. Please refer to My Templates section of the PSoC Creator User Guide.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Pava_1191361​,

The My Template projects location is used to specify the default location to save your template projects. Can you please tell me know what snippets you are trying to include and the entire use case? This will help us in understanding the issue better.

You can create your own template project and create your project using the template. Please refer to My Templates section of the PSoC Creator User Guide.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes