Is it possible to flash image on STM32F4xx directly from WICED IDE?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to flash image on STM32F4xx directly from WICED IDE

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am able to flash the images on STM32f407vg via WICED sdK using stlink,

Go to -> Run --> External tools --> External tool configuration..

C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\STM32 ST-LINK Utility\ST-LINK Utility\ST-LINK_CLI.exe

Arguments:

-c SWD UR -P "path\to\the\bootloader.bin" 0x8000000 -V "after_programming" -HardRst

-c SWD UR -P "path/to\the\DCT.bin" 0x8004000 -V "after_programming" -HardRst

-c SWD UR -P "path\to\the\app.bin" 0x800C000 -V "after_programming" -HardRst

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have STM32Fxx board and able to build the BCM943362WCD2, which is using the stm32fxx source code. When I am trying to download , it's through the error.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the error? In the sdk openocd is used to flash the image directly to the MCU 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replay,

STM32F4xx Discovery board is not detected by Openocd driver. It detected as a STM-link. When I am trying to download the image, it through the error as "

"**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****

".

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the discovery board - the SDK doesn't map directly because as you noticed it is not supported by openOCD

You will have to probably download via the STLINK utilities using the binaries generated from the SDK

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tanks for the replay.....

I build, create and flashed the binaries (bootloader at 0x08000000,  dct at 0x08004000 and app at 0x0800C000).

The problem is that boot loader is running but application "application_start()" is not getting called.

Bootloader is not jump '__jump()" into application location. I spent a week, could not solve it.

Would you help us ?....

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am able to flash the images on STM32f407vg via WICED sdK using stlink,

Go to -> Run --> External tools --> External tool configuration..

C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\STM32 ST-LINK Utility\ST-LINK Utility\ST-LINK_CLI.exe

Arguments:

-c SWD UR -P "path\to\the\bootloader.bin" 0x8000000 -V "after_programming" -HardRst

-c SWD UR -P "path/to\the\DCT.bin" 0x8004000 -V "after_programming" -HardRst

-c SWD UR -P "path\to\the\app.bin" 0x800C000 -V "after_programming" -HardRst