Can CY8CKIT-062-BLE serve as BLE5 host?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JiZh_4619191
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi team,

Can CY8CKIT-062-BLE serve as BLE5 host, receive BLE5 device data and send these data to computer as soon as possible?

Best regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

JiZh,

The CY8CLIT-062-BLE doesn't have a USB interface connected to the PSoC6.  However, you should be able to come close to the 1.3 Mbps datarate by using the KitProg3 as your serial-to-USB interface tot he PC host and using a terminal program on the PC that can be set to 1.3Mbps.

On your PSoC6 code you will need to setup SCB5 as a standard UART as to 1.3Mbps and use pins P5.0 and P5.1 as Rx and Tx pins respectively.

There is a number of examples in PSoC Creator and ModusToobox using the UART talking to the KitProg3.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

JiZh,

Can CY8CKIT-062-BLE serve as BLE5 host, receive BLE5 device data and send these data to computer as soon as possible?

I don't see why not.

Here's my assumptions based on your question above.

• The CY8CKIT-062-BLE listens to BLE messages (like advertisement packets).
  • When it receives certain BLE messages, it passes it on the the computer by way of the UART or USB connection to the computer.

If this is accurately describes what you are looking for, then I recommend you try some code I shared with the forum at:

PSoC6 BLE Beacon and Scanner Projects Available in Code Sharing Forum

This workspace has two projects.  One is a BLE Beacon that ONLY advertises.  The other is a BLE Scanner that ONLY reads advertisement packets (this is closer to what you may be looking for).

The BLE Scanner uses the PC terminal program to display the Advertising packets it receives.  There are CLI commands to filter the incoming data and minimize the display to the packets you intend to receive.

This project may not be EXACTLY what you are looking for but can be used as an educational example.

These projects were originally targeted for the CY8CPROTO-063-BLE kit but can be easily retargetted to the CY8CKIT-062-BLE.

Note:  This are PSoC Creator projects.  I have not created a ModusToolbox equivalent.

Len

Len
0 Likes

Hi ,

What I mean is:

• CYW20719 collects image sensor data and send it to CY8CKIT-062-BLE .(CYW20719 is BLE device).
  • CY8CKIT-062-BLE  scans, receives data  and passes it to computer(CY8CKIT-062-BLE is BLE host).
  • Data transmission rate is about 1.2Mbps

Best regards

0 Likes

JiZh,

I don't see why this cannot be possible.

Data transmission rate is about 1.2Mbps

Is this the transmission rate from the BLE host to the PC?

Len

Len
0 Likes

Hi Len,

Yes,

Since PSoC 6 MCU has a USB full-speed device interface, I think this data transmission rate is available.

I am not familiar with USB inerface.

Best regards

0 Likes

Jizh,

You can achieve a maximum of 1.3Mbps throughput with BLE in PSoC 6. This is possible due to BLE spec 5.0 being implemented in PSoC 6.

You can refer throughput code examples in PSoC Creator as well as Modus Toolbox 2.1. Please refer the link below:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce222046-psoc-6-mcu-bluetooth-low-energy-ble-con...

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

0 Likes

JiZh,

The CY8CLIT-062-BLE doesn't have a USB interface connected to the PSoC6.  However, you should be able to come close to the 1.3 Mbps datarate by using the KitProg3 as your serial-to-USB interface tot he PC host and using a terminal program on the PC that can be set to 1.3Mbps.

On your PSoC6 code you will need to setup SCB5 as a standard UART as to 1.3Mbps and use pins P5.0 and P5.1 as Rx and Tx pins respectively.

There is a number of examples in PSoC Creator and ModusToobox using the UART talking to the KitProg3.

Len

Len
0 Likes