CY8CKIT-030 example2 - Power Supervision failed to compile under PSOC Creator 4.3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ShAm_4016726
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi,

Getting the following error when compiling CY8CKIT-030 example2 - Power Supervision failed to compile under PSOC Creator 4.3.

Compiling under PSOC Creator 3.3 work with no issue.

Any help is appreciated for getting this compiled under 4.3.

The compile output is given below.

--------------- Rebuild Started: 05/13/2020 21:28:19 Project: Example2 - Power Supervision, Configuration: DP8051 Keil 9.51 Debug ---------------

Deleting file ".\Example2 - Power Supervision.rpt"

cydsfit.exe -.appdatapath "C:\Users\shahram.amini\AppData\Local\Cypress Semiconductor\PSoC Creator\4.3" -.fdsnotice -.fdswarpdepfile=warp_dependencies.txt -.fdselabdepfile=elab_dependencies.txt -.fdsbldfile=generated_files.txt -.fdsreffile=referenced_files.txt -p "C:\Reposits\localOdin\localCCB\CY8CKIT-030_Examples\Example2 - Power Supervision.cydsn\Example2 - Power Supervision.cyprj" -d CY8C3866AXI-040 -s "C:\Reposits\localOdin\localCCB\CY8CKIT-030_Examples\Example2 - Power Supervision.cydsn\Generated_Source\PSoC3" -- -yv2 -q10 -ygs -o2 -v5 -.fftcfgtype=BE

Elaborating Design...

ADD: sdb.M0065: information: Analog terminal "OVUVFaultDetector.uv_cal" on Schematic_035 is unconnected.

* C:\Reposits\localOdin\localCCB\CY8CKIT-030_Examples\Example2 - Power Supervision.cydsn\Schematic_035\Schematic_035.cysch (Signal: Net_18790)

* C:\Reposits\localOdin\localCCB\CY8CKIT-030_Examples\Example2 - Power Supervision.cydsn\Schematic_035\Schematic_035.cysch (Shape_7074.146)

ADD: sdb.M0065: information: Analog terminal "OVUVFaultDetector.ov_cal" on Schematic_035 is unconnected.

* C:\Reposits\localOdin\localCCB\CY8CKIT-030_Examples\Example2 - Power Supervision.cydsn\Schematic_035\Schematic_035.cysch (Signal: Net_18789)

* C:\Reposits\localOdin\localCCB\CY8CKIT-030_Examples\Example2 - Power Supervision.cydsn\Schematic_035\Schematic_035.cysch (Shape_7074.144)

HDL Generation...

Synthesis...

Error: pft.M0017: Unable to open control file "Example2 - Power Supervision.ctl": (Syntax error). (App=cydsfit)

Error: pft.M0000: An internal error occurred in the fitter: (Syntax error). (App=cydsfit)

Dependency Generation...

Cleanup...

Error: fit.M0050: The fitter aborted due to errors, please address all errors and rebuild. (App=cydsfit)

--------------- Rebuild Failed: 05/13/2020 21:28:30 ---------------

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi ShAm_4016726​,

I apologize for the delay in my response.

The error is because the Schematic.ctl file in the project is missing a trailing semicolon. Can you please add a ; at the end of the control file and let me know if this fixes your issue?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi sham_4016726​,

Error: pft.M0017: Unable to open control file "Example2 - Power Supervision.ctl": (Syntax error). (App=cydsfit)

From the log, I think that there is an error in the control file that you are using. You can refer to the PSoC Creator User Guide for information regarding the control file.

If this does not help, can you please attach the project so that we can debug the issue?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hi Rakshith,

I have not made any modification to this project from the evaluation board example.

Below is the link to this. If you would, please download from there and see if you would be able to figure out the issue.

Please include the detail so i can also make the change for PSOC 5. Most likely same root cause.

CY8CKIT-030 PSoC 3 Development Kit Setup (Kit Design Files, Creator, Programmer, Documentation, Examples)

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-030-psoc-3-development-kit

Many thanks,

Shahram Amini

0 Likes

Hi ShAm_4016726​,

I apologize for the delay in my response.

The error is because the Schematic.ctl file in the project is missing a trailing semicolon. Can you please add a ; at the end of the control file and let me know if this fixes your issue?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hi Rakshith,

Thank you very much.

The issue is fixed.

Best regards

Shahram Amini

0 Likes