Querry above the controller and its programe

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
vama_4687281
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have requirement of 12 bit DAC, 2 channel of OPAMP, BLE and Controller for this i have select Psoc 63 controller.

It's OK or you can suggest any other controller? also if 24 bit ADC and DeModulator will be better include in single chip?

In prog of Ble i have to send the measurement reading through ble kindly suggest which example code is better to used?

In prog of 12 bit DAC with DMA i want lockup table for 10Khz frequency or formula to calculate?

I have thinking to purchase the Bluetooth Development Tools (802.15.1) CY8CKIT-062-BLE PSoC 6 Pioneer Kit.

what is the end of lifecycle of above development kit along with its component?

Bluetooth Development Tools (802.15.1) Reference Design Kit CY5677 is no longer manufacture is it  true or not?

If yes then what is the alternative of it to purchase?

Regards,

Vaibhav

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Please refer to this KBA Generating Sine Wave using PWM in PSoC – KBA226852  for Generating Sine Wave using PWM in PSoC. This KBA explains about generating a Sine wave by varying the duty cycle of the pulse width modulation (PWM) signal at regular intervals based on a look-up table (LUT).
You can also use 8bit IDAC with a resistor in PSoC6 BLE device for generating the sinewave. Please use the 8bit lookup table values from the KBA for generating the sine wave using IDAC.
Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Q) I have requirement of 12 bit DAC, 2 channel of OPAMP, BLE and Controller for this i have select Psoc 63 controller.
It's OK or you can suggest any other controller? also if 24 bit ADC and DeModulator will be better include in single chip?
Ans: You can refer to PSoC63 BLE controller which has BLE v 5.0 support, 12-bit voltage DAC, 12-bit ADC and OP-AMP. To achieve 20bit ADC Resolution, you can refer to the PSoC5LP Devices which has 20-bit Delta sigma ADC component. But PSoC5LP devices won't have the BLE Support.
Could you please let me know the demodulator which you are referring ? Please let me know the functionality.

Q) In prog of Ble i have to send the measurement reading through ble kindly suggest which example code is better to used?
Ans: You can refer to the CE222046_GATT_Out (GATT server) code example project from the PSoC Creator. This project will show how to send data using GATT Notification on a Characteristic.

Q) In prog of 12 bit DAC with DMA i want lockup table for 10Khz frequency or formula to calculate?
Ans: Please refer to the 'CE220924 - PSoC 6 MCU VDAC Sine Wave Generator Using DMA' code example from the PSoC creator for more information. In the project, the DMA updates the VDAC values from a 100-entry lookup table. With the 500-kHz VDAC input clock, the sine-wave frequency is 5 kHz. So, you have to take 50 values instead of 100-entry lookup table to get the frequency of 10kHz.

Q) I have thinking to purchase the Bluetooth Development Tools (802.15.1) CY8CKIT-062-BLE PSoC 6 Pioneer Kit.
what is the end of lifecycle of above development kit along with its component?
Ans: CY8CKIT-062-BLE PSoC 6 Pioneer Kit is recently released. End of lifecycle will be minimum of 10 years.

Q) Bluetooth Development Tools (802.15.1) Reference Design Kit CY5677 is no longer manufacture is it true or not?
If yes then what is the alternative of it to purchase?
Ans: Could you please let me know which device you are referring ? Are you asking about CY5672 RDK kit or CY5677 BLE Dongle ? If it is CY5672 RDK kit, we are checking internally to answer this query.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

Above information is very helpful for me.

For Q) In prog of 12 bit DAC with DMA i want lockup table for 10Khz frequency or formula to calculate?

Ans: Please refer to the 'CE220924 - PSoC 6 MCU VDAC Sine Wave Generator Using DMA' code example from the PSoC creator for more information. In the project, the DMA updates the VDAC values from a 100-entry lookup table. With the 500-kHz VDAC input clock, the sine-wave frequency is 5 kHz. So, you have to take 50 values instead of 100-entry lookup table to get the frequency of 10kHz.

is OK for me but is their any kind of calculation for 100 entries as given in mainCM4.c file hardcore value.

because i also have to generate simultaneously 180 degree phase shift sine wave using another DAC.

If any calculation using formula is their then please let me know?

Awaiting for your reply,

Vaibhav

0 Likes

Hello,

PSoC6 BLE device has only one 12bit VDAC. Could you please let me know how you are using the second VDAC ?

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hi,

I am sorry i was thinking that their is 2 VDAC.

I want to know 1 VDAC is used for sinewave generation at 10 Khz frequeny but i also want to generated 180 degree phase shift sinewave at another pin. how should i can confgure? but without used of opamp because i have to amplify the both the sinewave at the output.

regards.

Vaibhav

0 Likes

Hello,

Please refer to this KBA Generating Sine Wave using PWM in PSoC – KBA226852  for Generating Sine Wave using PWM in PSoC. This KBA explains about generating a Sine wave by varying the duty cycle of the pulse width modulation (PWM) signal at regular intervals based on a look-up table (LUT).
You can also use 8bit IDAC with a resistor in PSoC6 BLE device for generating the sinewave. Please use the 8bit lookup table values from the KBA for generating the sine wave using IDAC.
Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes