UVC and HID composite device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
legm_4671481
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

how can i make the uvc device work with  hid and use hid to send and recv message withe computer.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Jacky Zhang,

I can see a similar query in the following thread from you being handled: cypress cx3 usb dont support hid interrupt out under superspeed.

Please provide the latest firmware that you have developed as mentioned in the above thread.

Regards,
Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello,

Can you please tell if you are using FX3 or CX3?

You can refer to the MouseDemo project in the FX3 SDK and add the related HID configuration descriptors to the UVC firmware to make it enumerate as a UVC+HID composite device.
The mouseDemo project can be found from the following SDK path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\hid_examples\cyfx3_hid

You can also refer to the following link which has the FX3 device enumerate as a UVC+HID composite device and sends a letter "x" to the host when button pressed: Adding HID interface to AN75779 project

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes

use cx3 ,but the hid_example jsut use as a hid device ,i need to use hid to translate message with  host ,so need how to achieve

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please elaborate more about your application?
Also, please share the intended usage of the HID interface.

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes

This is an AR project. We want to use hid to transmit IMU sensor and algorithm data after fusion, which requires high transmission rate. But we don't know how to realize data transmission when we use cx3 for the first time,and there no sample reference found.

thanks

0 Likes

Hello,

In the above-mentioned firmware for sending "x", the channel creating can be modified with the I2C or SPI socket as producer socket and USB socket as the consumer socket.
Adding the required I2C or  SPI socket initialization and the data reading mechanism from the IMU slave and you can commit the same buffer being filled with the data from the IMU sensor to the USB socket over the HID interface.

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes

hi  YashWantk

good day

actually his demand :  use control via set_report via interrupt output endpoint in HID device,  please  help to provide one example to add one interrupt output endpoint,  then  device could get data from host as well.

thanks for your great support

br

jacky zhang

0 Likes

Hello Jacky Zhang,

I can see a similar query in the following thread from you being handled: cypress cx3 usb dont support hid interrupt out under superspeed.

Please provide the latest firmware that you have developed as mentioned in the above thread.

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes