go to function definition does not work

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
saka_284526
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hello,

In my project when i right click to function and try to go to its definition, it does not go there..

As i have included the required .h file and there is 0 error and 0 warning is the compilation result

For other functions its working fine but does not work with one file where i have define all functions.

I am using psoc 4.3

below message comes as result in my output window

We were unable to find the symbol 'SdcFile_OpenFile. There are several things that can hinder symbol lookup:

- Make sure your project compiles without errors.

- Make sure your "Generated Source" has been generated (Build -> Generate Application).

- Make sure your .c files #include their corresponding header files.

Can any one please tell the root cause for this.

Thanks in advance!

sanket

1 Solution
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

sanket,

It appears you are using the emFile SW from Seeger.

The issue you are having is that the SdcFile_OpenFile() is a library call into the emFile library.  Seeger did not include the source code for this library which includes this function.  The best you can access is the declaration in the .h file.

Aside from the API calls to the library functions and do some sleuthing using assembly, Seeger has no plans at this time to include the source code.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

sanket,

It appears you are using the emFile SW from Seeger.

The issue you are having is that the SdcFile_OpenFile() is a library call into the emFile library.  Seeger did not include the source code for this library which includes this function.  The best you can access is the declaration in the .h file.

Aside from the API calls to the library functions and do some sleuthing using assembly, Seeger has no plans at this time to include the source code.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes