UART Speed for wl_test and mfg_test

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SeKi_2184131
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Some commands (join, counters, .. etc.) are returned errors under 9600 or 1200 bps.

Are the results of mfg test dependent on the UART speed?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I mentioned - some of the commands are timing sensitive when data and/or parameters are passed back and forth between the client and the server

We don't officially support the wl tools below 19200

The wl tools are meant for manufacturing test and it is generally expected that in the production line you can run at least at 19200

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are some timing related constraints. Generally not recommended or tested below 19200. Any reason to want to use 1200 or 9600?

0 Likes

mfg_test app normally performs on the device ported WICED-SDK,

but wl_test program returns error depending on UART speed when a command (join or counters) was inserted.

"wl43362A2.exe --serial <portNum> ver" successively operated under 9600 and 1200bps, but a commands returned a error.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I mentioned - some of the commands are timing sensitive when data and/or parameters are passed back and forth between the client and the server

We don't officially support the wl tools below 19200

The wl tools are meant for manufacturing test and it is generally expected that in the production line you can run at least at 19200

0 Likes

When I checked the uart Rx/Tx with Oscilloscope, Rx data is good but Tx data is broken form MCU.

I guess that MCU's uart driver has some bug or needs to be set a configuration related timing.

Currently, UART driver of this MCU is set polling instead of interrupts setting.

Anyway, the apps or test tools well perform on WICED reference board without any problem.

0 Likes