Single endpoint for cyfxusbi2sdmamode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LuTa_4642501
Level 3
Level 3
Welcome!

Hi,

How I can reconfigure cyfxusbi2sdmamode.c to receive both left and right channels into endpoint 1 from the host?

A wave file in the host has LEFT_CHANNEL | RIGHT CHANNEL | LEFT_CHANNEL | RIGHT CHANNEL  | LEFT_CHANNEL | RIGHT CHANNEL ... layout, which is called interleaved data. How to send this to a single endpoint and DMA copies to the bus?

Where I can find more information about how this DMA-> I2S works?

- For the I2S bus, with 16 bits, 2 channels and 48000 sample rate I need to send 192000 bytes per second.

How the DMA handles data? It has a buffer of which size? What's the speed of data consumption?

Thanks

Lucas

0 Likes
1 Solution
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello Lucas,

Please refer to section 8.8 Integrated Interchip Sound Interface of the FX3_TRM.pdf document available in the SDK path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware\FX3_TRM.pdf.

The above section mentions about the working of the I2S block of FX3 and all the respective conditions and interface definitions.

Also, on Page no. 194 of the above-mentioned document, mentions the following about MONO channel(highlighted in Yellow):

pastedImage_1.png

This means that both the endpoints need to be present and must have data for the hardware I2C transceiver to start working(highlighted in Blue).

Regards,
Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hello Lucas,

Please refer to section 8.8 Integrated Interchip Sound Interface of the FX3_TRM.pdf document available in the SDK path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware\FX3_TRM.pdf.

The above section mentions about the working of the I2S block of FX3 and all the respective conditions and interface definitions.

Also, on Page no. 194 of the above-mentioned document, mentions the following about MONO channel(highlighted in Yellow):

pastedImage_1.png

This means that both the endpoints need to be present and must have data for the hardware I2C transceiver to start working(highlighted in Blue).

Regards,
Yashwant

0 Likes