Issue with BLE and some Android devices

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnLa_2442386
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

I'm currently working on an app with the module CYBLE-012011 and I'm facing an annoying issue.

When I'm trying to connect my android to the device with the cySmart app, I'm not able to establish connection. This issue does not occur with all android device.

I have 4 test phones; when I have ran the test only 2 have had a successful connection.

Huawei mate 20 pro : Android 10 -> connection issue

Huawei p20 pro : Android 9 -> connected  successfully

Xiaomi remi note 8: Android 9 -> connections issue

Xiaomi mi 9t pro : Android 10 -> connected successfully

Version of BLE compoment topdesign : 3.64 (3.51 also tested with the same results)

I also try to connect the device to a custom Qt app (Huawei mate 20 pro), and I get this log:

W QtBluetoothGatt: Using Android v23 BluetoothDevice.connectGatt()

W QtBluetoothGatt: Unhandled error code on connectionStateChanged: 133 0

W liblowenergyscanner.so: Error:  "Error occurred trying to connect to remote device."

I believe that I have tried all possible settings in the component, but I always have the same results.

Am I missing something? Please could you advise.

P.S: I can establish a connection between my samsung tv, and my Huawei mate 20 pro without any problem and with the same app (cySmart app)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

I had tested the project in CYBLE-022001-01 Module(Currently i don't have the CYBLE-012011 module) with VIVO Y81 smartphone and it is working fine for me. I don't have any issue with connection establishment. Could you please check with the 'BLE_FindMe' code example project in the PSoC Creator ? If you have other module, then please check with that module also.
If you have CY5677 Cypress dongle, please check with it in windows and let me know the observations.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Can you please attach your project ? If not possible, please attach a demo project which reproduces the issue.

Can you test our code examples from PSoC Creator like (PSoC_BLE_Find_me) and let us know if you are facing the connection isssues?

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi

All the test i did, are made with the code examples from PSOC (BLE_batteryLevel).

Update of the issue, sometime i establish connection successfully with the mate 20 pro, when i retry the connection after 100ms on the "Unhandled error code on connectionStateChanged: 133 0"

I attach an exemple with connection the issue

Thanks

Antoine

0 Likes

Hello,

I had tested the project in CYBLE-022001-01 Module(Currently i don't have the CYBLE-012011 module) with VIVO Y81 smartphone and it is working fine for me. I don't have any issue with connection establishment. Could you please check with the 'BLE_FindMe' code example project in the PSoC Creator ? If you have other module, then please check with that module also.
If you have CY5677 Cypress dongle, please check with it in windows and let me know the observations.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Hello,

I finally found my cy8ble kit (https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/psoc-6-ble-prototyping-kit-cy8cproto-06... ) with the module : CYBLE-416045-02

With this kit, I don't have any connection issue, seam to be an module related issue. The problem is that the board is already designed, and I already have supply the ble module.

edit: After that, I try with findme exemple, and I don't have connection issue (module CYBLE-012011).

I'll investigate more on that

edit 2: Just a luck, I can't connect with the findme Exemple. I ll try unsolder / resolder the module

Thanks,

Antoine Bureau

0 Likes