creator 4.3 format shape message switch.uselegacyaccessibilityfeatures

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrLe_1336286
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi All

Having a popup message displayed when formatting text on schematic pages or templates, please see attached.

Checked Creator 4.1 to 4.3, always displayed. Creator functionality is unaffected.

Just interested if this may be related to the local .NET 4.8 installation with Visual Studio?

Kind regards

Greg

PSoC Creator 4.3 Issue  [Template01.cysheet].png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi GrLe_1336286​,

Thank you for sharing the steps to recreate the issue and yes I was able to observe the same. The issue seems to be because of the .NET version. You can refer to this link for more information about the issue - link.

I tried the resolution mentioned in the link and I do not get the error message now.

1. I first closed PSoC Creator and opened the psoc_creator.exe.config file. This file can be found in the bin folder of PSoC Creator. If you have installed PSoC Creator in its default location then the file can be found in this directory - C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.3\PSoC Creator\bin

2. I added the following lines before </runtime> -

<!-- AppContextSwitchOverrides value attribute is in the form of 'key1=true|false;key2=true|false  -->

<AppContextSwitchOverrides value="Switch.UseLegacyAccessibilityFeatures=false" />

3. So the content of my file is as shown. I have highlighted the edit.

pastedImage_3.png

4. Save the file. Open PSoC Creator.

I do not get the error message but the fonts still do not show up as shown in the snapshot below. I will raise an internal ticket so that the development team can evaluate the issue. Thank you for bringing this to our notice

pastedImage_5.png

Please let me know your observations.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi GrLe_1336286​,

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the issue. I was able to format texts as shown. Is it possible for you to provide the exact steps to encounter this issue so that I can try and let you know my observations?

pastedImage_1.png

Just interested if this may be related to the local .NET 4.8 installation with Visual Studio?

Yes, PSoC Creator does run into few errors when used simultaneously with Visual Studio. Please refer to this KBA for more information - PSoC Creator May Crash when Run Concurrently with Visual Studio on Windows 10 - KBA226098

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hi Rakshith

Thank you for the reply.

To replicate the issue in any PSoC Cr. schematic page with text, right click the text and select 'Format Text'.

Select the alignment feature.

A pop-up window is displayed as seen in the capture below.

PSoC_Format_Text_Steps.png

Regarding the KBA, this applies to VS 2015/2017. Our systems are running VS 2019 or later. The simultaneous operating or switching between VS and PSoC Cr. is not occurring.

Kind regards

Greg

0 Likes

Hi GrLe_1336286​,

Thank you for sharing the steps to recreate the issue and yes I was able to observe the same. The issue seems to be because of the .NET version. You can refer to this link for more information about the issue - link.

I tried the resolution mentioned in the link and I do not get the error message now.

1. I first closed PSoC Creator and opened the psoc_creator.exe.config file. This file can be found in the bin folder of PSoC Creator. If you have installed PSoC Creator in its default location then the file can be found in this directory - C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.3\PSoC Creator\bin

2. I added the following lines before </runtime> -

<!-- AppContextSwitchOverrides value attribute is in the form of 'key1=true|false;key2=true|false  -->

<AppContextSwitchOverrides value="Switch.UseLegacyAccessibilityFeatures=false" />

3. So the content of my file is as shown. I have highlighted the edit.

pastedImage_3.png

4. Save the file. Open PSoC Creator.

I do not get the error message but the fonts still do not show up as shown in the snapshot below. I will raise an internal ticket so that the development team can evaluate the issue. Thank you for bringing this to our notice

pastedImage_5.png

Please let me know your observations.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes