PSoC Creator 4.2 project build avoidance issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoRi_1316111
Level 3
Level 3
Welcome! 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

I have two very similar, fairly large PSoC Creator projects (GCC). On one of the projects, build avoidance seems to be working (i.e. no code changes == don't rebuild all source files). The other project, however, rebuilds no matter what (e.g. "debug"). Is there a way to figure out what is causing this and possibly correct it without recreating the project from scratch?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

I sometimes feel similarly, but I have not found the trigger causing such behavior.

Meantime, if you want to avoid build or full build for each time starting debugger,

we could use the Menu : Debug > Debug without Programming.

000-ss.JPG

moto

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

I sometimes feel similarly, but I have not found the trigger causing such behavior.

Meantime, if you want to avoid build or full build for each time starting debugger,

we could use the Menu : Debug > Debug without Programming.

000-ss.JPG

moto

0 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've been using that and other work-arounds, but it still takes a bite out of a typical day of development. I'll probably have to try some sort of comparative analysis on the two projects. It's hard to find time for such things and there's no guarantee that I'll be successful.

If you are saving to a remote server, make sure the server timeclock is correct.

If you are using VMWare, and saving to your host machine, make sure time synchronization is enabled.

Make sure there is not a dependency in the second project to a file in the first project, which may be updated as the build finishes on the first project.

You could possibly open 2 instances of PSoC Creator and keep 1 project in each. 

Of course, for PSoC 6, that would not be advisable.

0 Likes

Thanks for the response. None of those conditions exist.

The behavior persists regardless of the PC used and the one project behaves, while the other does not.

The projects have a distant common ancestor.

I can't remember for sure, but I think the problem started when we migrated the project to PSoC Creator 4.because I remember everyone wanting to go back to the older version of PSoC Creator.

0 Likes

Hi JoRi_1316111​,

Is it possible for you to share the project so that we can try and debug the issue? Does your project have dependency of another project or library?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes