CY7C68013A-128AXC EEPROM QUESTION

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SeJe_4692541
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

The .hex download works, but when I try to download the .iic file to the EEPROM, I get a successful download message, but it doesn't. Please help the problem. And please contact us about EEPROM download procedure.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

I hope you are using the FX2LP CY3684/3674 DVK. If yes, did you follow the steps mentioned in section "7.1.3 Method to Download Firmware Image to External I2C EEPROM " from the EZ-USB Development Kit User guide present in the FX2LP DVK package?

Please try loading the .iic file attached to this response to the EEPROM of FX2LP.

Once the EEPROM is loaded successfully with the .iic file, reset the device and let me know if the FX2LP is enumerating in the device manager.

Can you attach a screenshot of the device manager after the EEPROM is loaded and the device is reset.

If you have a custom board and not the DVK. Please share the board schematics with us.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Can you confirm if you are using the FX2LP DVK or there is a EEPROM connected to the I2C lines of the FX2LP device.

If you are using the CY3684/3674 DVK, then please refer to section "7.1.3 Method to Download Firmware Image to External I2C EEPROM " in the EZ-USB Development Kit User guide present in the FX2LP DVK package.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hello,

EEPROM connected to the I2C lines of the FX2LP device.

Downloaded firmware image I2C EEPROM until the program succeeds, but the downloaded image file does not work.
If you download it to the internal RAM as a hex file, it works fine, but just download it to the EEPROM and it does not work. What is the reason?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

I hope you are using the FX2LP CY3684/3674 DVK. If yes, did you follow the steps mentioned in section "7.1.3 Method to Download Firmware Image to External I2C EEPROM " from the EZ-USB Development Kit User guide present in the FX2LP DVK package?

Please try loading the .iic file attached to this response to the EEPROM of FX2LP.

Once the EEPROM is loaded successfully with the .iic file, reset the device and let me know if the FX2LP is enumerating in the device manager.

Can you attach a screenshot of the device manager after the EEPROM is loaded and the device is reset.

If you have a custom board and not the DVK. Please share the board schematics with us.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes