powering up micro-controller?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Khaz_4682641
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First question asked First reply posted

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a project, and I want to power the micro-controller inside CY8CKIT-062-BLE Kit,

So,I'm asking about the pins that I should connect the 3.3V for powering the micro-controlle  only without the other kit peripherals for measuring the power consumption?

Best regards,

Khalil Azouz

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Khalil,

The jumper J8  behind the board can be used to measure the current consumption of PSoC6 MCU. You may have to remove the 0 load resistance. These and other details are available in the kit user guide, which could come handy for you in future. Additionally it is always better to give the voltage through the VIN pins as the supply to PSoC will be regulated through the main regulator.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vasanth

Hello Khalil.

First of all I want to let you know that  PSoC5 device (CY8C5868LTI-LP039) inside CY8CKIT-062-BLE Kit is the Kitprog used to program the actual PSoC6 device. There are provisions to measure the current consumption of the PSoC 6 device alone as it is the target device is the kit. In the kit schematic you could see that P5LP_VDD net is the net used to power the PSoC5LP device. But unfortunately P5LP_VDD net does not have jumper/0 0hm resistor configuration to tap and measure the current consumption.

Best Regards,

Vasanth

Vasanth thank you for reply,

I'm Sorry I got confused, What I'm asking about is powering PSOC6 BLE MCU not the kitprog(CY8C5868LTI-LP039)

and I found P6_VDD in the schematic , and it has a jumper on J14.

Is P6_VDD what I'm looking for ?

and I found VDD Current Measurement ,So, Can I use the J8 for measuring the consumed current by the MCU.

Edit: I found VDDA node on the surface of the board and it is connected directly to the MCU, there are any hazards if I used it to power the MCU ?

regards,

Khalil Azouz,

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hi Khalil,

The jumper J8  behind the board can be used to measure the current consumption of PSoC6 MCU. You may have to remove the 0 load resistance. These and other details are available in the kit user guide, which could come handy for you in future. Additionally it is always better to give the voltage through the VIN pins as the supply to PSoC will be regulated through the main regulator.

Best Regards,
Vasanth