Failed to build project using cyprjmgr CLI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MuNa_4652896
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given

Hello.

I am trying to build a project using cypress project manager through CLI. The project is built successfully from the PSoC Creator, as well as using CLi via Powershell

./cyprjmgr.exe -w "C:\Users\ADMINRG\Desktop\BLEWORK\BLEWORKSPACE.cywrk" -rebuild -t "ARM GCC 5.4-2016-q2-update" (1)

However when I add pdlPath argument, it comes up with an error.

./cyprjmgr.exe -w "C:\Users\ADMINRG\Desktop\BLEWORK\BLEWORKSPACE.cywrk" -rebuild -t "ARM GCC 5.4-2016-q2-update" -pdlPath "I:\OtherPDLS\PDL\3.1.0" (2)

However it works if I tried this.

./cyprjmgr.exe -w "C:\Users\ADMINRG\Desktop\BLEWORK\BLEWORKSPACE.cywrk" -rebuild -t "ARM GCC 5.4-2016-q2-update" -pdlPath "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.1.0" (3)

The otherPDLS Folder contains different PDL Versions. I copied them to another directory to save disk space on my C:/ Drive.

Inside PSoC Ceator, redirecting to the PDL folder "I:\OtherPDLS\PDL\3.1.0" and building does not cause any problems, but shows

Info: prj.M0282: A project is being renamed. Would you like to rename these related files as well?

YES

Analog Placement...

Analog Routing...

Analog Code Generation...

Digital Placement...

Digital Routing...

Bitstream Generation...

Bitstream Verification...

Static timing analysis...

API Generation...

Dependency Generation...

Cleanup...

Error: prj.M0007: The path or filename "${CyRoot}" is not supported: Filename must begin with letter, digit, or underscore ('_')..

ADD: prj.M0193: error: Failed while attempting to update project 'BLEWORK': Filename must begin with letter, digit, or underscore ('_')..

ERROR: Failed while attempting to update project 'BLEWORK': Filename must begin with letter, digit, or underscore ('_').

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
  • Is it on a network? No. It is a local hard disk
  • Are you using your account as Admin and have access to that drive? Yes. I am the admin. I have admin rights and privileges
  • Can you try running command prompt as administrator to see if things work? I did and it failed too from both Command prompt and PowerShell

It just worked out when I placed the PDL folder directly in I:/PDL/3.1.0. It is strange. I will dig deeper into that issue.

Thanks for your support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

I couldn't try it out by putting the PDL folder into a different drive, but I tried placing it into a custom location in my C:/ drive to see if things break.

Everything works for me though.

pastedImage_1.png

It might be a problem with the drive you are using. These are some of the questions I have regarding the "I:/" drive you have mentioned.

• Is it on a network?
  • Are you using your account as Admin and have access to that drive?
  • Can you try running command prompt as administrator to see if things work?

Please copy the entire log and attach it here if the issue persists. It will give us more insight into the issue.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes
  • Is it on a network? No. It is a local hard disk
  • Are you using your account as Admin and have access to that drive? Yes. I am the admin. I have admin rights and privileges
  • Can you try running command prompt as administrator to see if things work? I did and it failed too from both Command prompt and PowerShell

It just worked out when I placed the PDL folder directly in I:/PDL/3.1.0. It is strange. I will dig deeper into that issue.

Thanks for your support

0 Likes