PSoC 5LP Timer does not trigger interrupt on capture but only capture_out

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StBo_1226411
Level 1
Level 1
10 likes given First question asked 10 sign-ins

I was wondering if it is normal that a Timer (UDB 24bit on the BUS_CLK) does not trigger the interrupt line on Capture even if the documentation indicate they are all ORed together (Yes I did select the On Capture interrupt option and yes I read the status register). The Capture_out does work. It has taken me 2 days to figure that out through many tests configuration. Is there something I should know? Is there some condition preventing this line to work as it should. I perform the test on a CY8CKIT-059 PSoC 5LP. I was working on a CY8CKIT-001 last year.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

To trigger interrupt on capture, we need to enable both 'capture mode' and 'interrupts on capture' for the timer configuration.

You can refer this information about 'interrupts on capture' in the datasheet of timer component. I have attached the image to show the example configuration.

Also, I have attached my project in which I have used Timer_1_ReadStatusRegister() to clear the bits of status register on reading. I am blinking an LED inside the interrupt service routine and every time the ISR is serviced, the pending interrupt is cleared.

Please have a look at the project and let us know if you have any further clarifications.

Best Regards,

Aashita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi,

To trigger interrupt on capture, we need to enable both 'capture mode' and 'interrupts on capture' for the timer configuration.

You can refer this information about 'interrupts on capture' in the datasheet of timer component. I have attached the image to show the example configuration.

Also, I have attached my project in which I have used Timer_1_ReadStatusRegister() to clear the bits of status register on reading. I am blinking an LED inside the interrupt service routine and every time the ISR is serviced, the pending interrupt is cleared.

Please have a look at the project and let us know if you have any further clarifications.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes