CyBLE-022001-00 PLL

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiVa_4337911
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hi,

The PSoC creator module CyBLE-022001-00 has an inbuilt crystal with a 24MHz, but I need 48MHz clock. How can I use PLL to get this frequency? I didn't find any option for frequency multiplication in clock edit window of the PSoC creator for this module.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello NiVa_4337911

In case CYBLE-022001-00 module, PLL 0_Sel and PLL1_Sel is only used for routing the available clock sources like IMO, EXTCLK, ECO, etc.

It cannot be used for frequency multiplication.

In case the requirement is of 48 MHz you can use the IMO for it.

Can you please let me know the application for which you require 48MHz from ECO?

Best Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ekta_N

Hello NiVa_4337911

In case CYBLE-022001-00 module, PLL 0_Sel and PLL1_Sel is only used for routing the available clock sources like IMO, EXTCLK, ECO, etc.

It cannot be used for frequency multiplication.

In case the requirement is of 48 MHz you can use the IMO for it.

Can you please let me know the application for which you require 48MHz from ECO?

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes

Hi,

I have an I2S codec connected with this module, which uses the BCLK as a clock source for the codec PLL input, and it may better to have 48MHz system clock to do some audio processing. It is working with internal oscillator but I like to have a stable oscillator to work outside the lab. Also the clock which is connected to the PSoC I2S module cannot accept ECO as the clock source if I am using IMO as system clock.

0 Likes
Ekta_N

Hi,

If you are looking for a higher accuracy clock that supports 48MHz then you can either go for an ExtClk that has a higher accuracy and supports 48MHz frequency. Another option is to calibrate IMO to obtain a more accurate clock . Please refer to the AN about how to calibrate IMO. http://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ce97601-improving-accuracy-psoc-4-internal-main-o...

Best Regards

Ekta