Can't get any project to build for CY8CPROTO-063-BLE with PSoC Creator 4.3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mari_3596111
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried numerous times to create a simple Hello World example for the CY8CPROTO-063-BLE using PSoC Creator 4.3, but each time I end up with numerous errors. Does anyone have a simple example (that builds) that I can use to get started with this board?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi mari_3596111,

Even though you have PDL 3.1.1 installed PSoC Creator might not be accessing the right PDL version.

Can you please confirm that PSoC Creator is using the right PDL version by following these steps?

Click on Tools > Options. This will open the Options window. Please confirm the settings are same as the snapshot below -

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi mari_3596111​,

I have attached a blinky LED project. What is the error that you are facing?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hi,

With this example project, I am getting exactly the same errors as with every other project that I have tried to use.

Initially I get an error “prj.M0120:Build error: cy_device_headers.h: No such file or directory”

I then added an include path for the compilers to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.1.1\devices\psoc6\include”

Then when I build, I get 51 errors ex:

Regards,

Mark

0 Likes

Hi mari_3596111,

Even though you have PDL 3.1.1 installed PSoC Creator might not be accessing the right PDL version.

Can you please confirm that PSoC Creator is using the right PDL version by following these steps?

Click on Tools > Options. This will open the Options window. Please confirm the settings are same as the snapshot below -

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

Many thanks for your prompt and efficient reply, this was indeed the problem. The led is now blinking on the target

Regards,

Mark

0 Likes

Hi Rakshith,

I had the same problem that Mark had.

I opened the Tools -> Options are tried to set the PDL v3 directory to the place you suggested.

I done that and when I press "OK" and "Apply" nothing happens, the window does not close.

I'm using Windows on VMWare Fusion on Macbook computer

I force closed the PSoC creator and when I reopened it -- the setting was there

I have downloaded the example project you have upload here and it works great!

BUT

I'm trying to build the CE221733 PSoC_6_MCU_Hello_World_Example" [CY8C6247BZI-D54"  on the board (Same as Mike's).

I manage to build (Thanks to the fix you provided to Mike)

But when I try to program and select one of the ARM cores I get an error:

///////////////////////////////////////////

Checksum calculated and stored in ELF section .cymeta

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.1.1\tools\win\elf\cymcuelftool.exe" -A "Z:\Documents\PSoC Creator\4.3\Examples\CE221773\PSoC_6_MCU_Hello_World_Example.cydsn\CortexM4\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\PSoC_6_MCU_Hello_World_Example.elf"

code:19224 sram:2200

--------------- Build Succeeded: 04/23/2020 11:26:07 ---------------

Error: dbg.M0033: The selected debug target 'CYBLE-416045-02' is not compatible with the project's selected device 'CY8C6247BZI-D54'.

Error: dbg.M0033: The selected debug target 'CYBLE-416045-02' is not compatible with the project's selected device 'CY8C6247BZI-D54'.

//////////////////////////////////////

I guess the error is due the difference  between the boards.

What I have to change in the project to solve this issue?

Best,

Rami

0 Likes

Hi RaGi_2962971​,

I apologize for the delay in my response. As this is an old thread it missed our radar.

To answer to your query, I think that the device selected in your PSoC Creator project is CY8C6247BZI-D54 and the device that you are trying to program is CYBLE-416045-02. Are you using the CY8CPROTO-063-BLE device?

To change the selected device in your project follow the below steps -

1. Right click on your project in the Workspace Explorer as shown.

pastedImage_3.png

2. In the Device Selector window that appears. select CYBLE-416045-02 as shown.

pastedImage_4.png

If the device is not available, then please update the components by following these steps.

1. Tools-->Find New Components and Find New Devices to upgrade the Creator to latest status.

2. Follow the steps mentioned in this KBA - Updating PSoC Creator Components

If this does not solve your issue please create a new thread and we will help resolve your issue

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

Thanks for your prompt reply, might be worth adding the information in this thread to the first page of README file.

0 Likes

Hi RaGi_2962971,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, we really appreciate it. But as changing a device is not project dependent and is IDE dependent the information is available in the PSoC Creator User Guide​.

Also, we recommend you to use ModusToolbox for all PSoC 6 project development. ModusToolbox caters to almost all features of PSoC 6 devices and with the new v2.1 release a lot of new and exciting features are added about which you can read about in this blog - Available Now -  ModusToolbox 2.1

Hope this helps,

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes