s29gl512p.sv model

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AmTa_4690811
Level 1
Level 1

The SystemVerilog simulation model for the S29GL512P part (512Mbit x8/x16 Page mode Flash Memory) has the following 2 issues:

1- In the absence of protected sector, the memory write and sector-erase operations are not working.

The reason for this is that the following variable declaration defaults to a value of 'X:

integer  ProtSecNum;

And so every comparison with this variable needs to use the 4-state equality operator (===) as opposed to the 2-state (==) operator.

2- There's a considerable simulation slow-down as more memory addresses are being accessed.

Replacing the linked list implementation by an associative array construct from SystemVerilog solves the issue:

rw_interface_c rw_interface;

int mem_assoc_arr[int];  // data integers are stored, where the key (address) is an int

Of course, the read_mem_w(), write_mem_w() and erase_mem_w() tasks had to be updated to make use of the new associative array variable.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

1. Can you please tell me the version of Verilog Model that you are using?
  2. Can you please tell me if you are using the SDF file?

Regards,

Apurva

0 Likes

Hi Apurva,

1. I'm using version V1.11
  2. No, I'm not using the SDF file.

Regards,

Amir.

0 Likes

Hi Amir,

Thank you so much for your response.

Can you please download the latest version of the Verilog Model form this link and try your simulation and let us know if the problem still persists?

Regards,

Apurva

0 Likes

I was already using the latest version. The SystemVerilog model in that link still has the same issues I pointed out.

0 Likes

Hi Amir,

Apologies for the delay in my response. We are discussing this issue internally.

Can you please try to run your simulation with SDF file, and let us know if you are still facing the issue?

Regrads,

Apurva

0 Likes

Hi Apurva,

Since I manually made the fixes mentioned above, I'm no longer facing any issues. I just wanted to report it for the benefit of the community, and so you can improve it on your side for future revisions.

Sorry, I don't really have time to try the SDF for now..

Thanks,

Amir.

0 Likes

Hi Amir,

Thank you for reporting the issue. We shall modify our model as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Apurva

0 Likes