Peripheral driver library

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaOr_4642046
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hi to everyone,

I am new with this Chip, I am trying follow the video tutorial,  "PSoC 6 101: Lesson 1-4 FreeRTOS",  to figure out how to play out with it.

in this video I can see something like (image), used to configured the FreeRTOS, among other things.

pastedImage_0.png

As I said, I am trying to run this, but I can´t because I don´t have "Peripheral driver library" as it is shown in the video.  In my case I get:

( below I attached a capture of my IDE )

pastedImage_3.png

I runned the "cypress update manager" with this result

pastedImage_4.png

And I configure the Library 3.1.1 and 3.1.2, with the same negative result.

If some of you could help me about this....

Thank you very much in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi JaOr_4642046​,

Can you please let me know the device that you are using? PDL is supported by only PSoC 6 devices.

So I think you are using a different device. If you do have a PSoC 6 device with you, please select the right PSoC 6 device in the Device Selector.

You can access the Device Selector by right clicking on the project in the Workspace Explorer and selecting Device Selector as shown - pastedImage_0.png

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi JaOr_4642046​,

Can you please let me know the device that you are using? PDL is supported by only PSoC 6 devices.

So I think you are using a different device. If you do have a PSoC 6 device with you, please select the right PSoC 6 device in the Device Selector.

You can access the Device Selector by right clicking on the project in the Workspace Explorer and selecting Device Selector as shown - pastedImage_0.png

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

Thanks for your answer Rakshith

I have been reading about this in: https://www.cypress.com/file/410246/download

I had the hope there was another way to set this configuration, (for follow the video tutorial).

I am using: CY8C5868AXI-LP035 (=PSoc 5) and CYBLE-212020-01 (= PSoc 4), also I am using the CY8CKIT-042-BLE with the module CY8C4247LQI-BL483

so apparently I can´t use this characteristic, do I?.

In this case,  could you help me with how can start/get with easy examples with freeRTOS and BLE? for these Chips

Thanks for your help and time.

Thanks and Regards,

JaOr

0 Likes

Hi JaOr_4642046​,

Yes, unfortunately there is no PDL support for PSoC 4 and PSoC 5 devices at the moment.

In this case,  could you help me with how can start/get with easy examples with freeRTOS and BLE? for these Chips

1. For PSoC 4 devices you can follow this blog - https://iotexpert.com/2017/02/23/psoc4-freertos-port/

2. For PSoC 5 devices you can refer to the links in this thread - freertos

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

Many Thanks

0 Likes