Bootloader on LIN bus

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GiTr_282596
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi everyone,

for an automotive application involving capacitive keys, I would need to implement the feature of "firmware upgrade" through the LIN bus.

I think that the "Bootloader" component should be used, with custom protocol. Am I right?

Is there any examples somewhere to download, so that I could learn how to do it?

Thanks in advance

GianLuca

0 Likes
1 Solution
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi GianLica,

>>"I think that the "Bootloader" component should be used, with custom protocol. Am I right?"

--> Yes. You can use the existing bootloader component inside PSoC Creator. You should be using custom bootloader functions.

Please go through the following KBA on developing Custom Bootloader interface using the Bootloader component.

PSoC 4 Custom Bootloader - KBA229075

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi GianLica,

>>"I think that the "Bootloader" component should be used, with custom protocol. Am I right?"

--> Yes. You can use the existing bootloader component inside PSoC Creator. You should be using custom bootloader functions.

Please go through the following KBA on developing Custom Bootloader interface using the Bootloader component.

PSoC 4 Custom Bootloader - KBA229075

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hi Ganesh,

thank you very much!

I think this is a good starting point

have a nice day

GianLuca

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Kavya_B
100 replies posted 10 likes given 25 solutions authored

Hello GianLica,

Please find the attached project which you can consider as a simple reference for your LIN bootloader implementation using PSoC4.

This project is an example to receive bootloader requests over LIN in callback mode. Here, callback function is called from LIN stack upon reception of data bytes. A flag is set in callback function once all the data is received successfully. Bootloader commands sent over multiple LIN frames are packed and sent to Bootloader and similarly, the response from Bootloader are split across multiple LIN frames and sent to the host.

Thanks,

Kavya

0 Likes

Hi KavyaB,

many many thanks!

I will check this code ASAP

🙂

GianLuca

0 Likes